Posted by: rseibel | Date: 2021-12-06 10:32 | IP: IP Logged
I have many problems since 5.0.6 up to newest beta 5.0.7 (717).
Especially when editing multiple files or when doing Search and Replace in files, often files get corrupted.
My Compiler then says "Invalid Hex(0) in file ..."
When opening the files again there is often a pattern like "ÿ EN" in the spcified lines.
Remarkable is the fact, that this erroneuous pattern is _always_ at a place, where in my case a "END", "ELSE", "ELSIF" was _before_.
I disabled "code folding", because i thought about a connection to this feature, but error doesnt goes away.
So this should not be a random place or memory (ram) error. Tested this on
(PSpad.ini is ok, i checked for invalid characters there)
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-06 10:33 by rseibel.
Posted by: rseibel | Date: 2021-12-10 16:32 | IP: IP Logged
Short additional information:
I have for example 4 files open (a,b,c,d), i am editing in _only_ one file (a).
For security i mostly save all files periodically, not only the one im editing.
Then i run my compiler externally, compiler says: invalid chars in file (b,c or d)
When i then switch per tab in this file, i have the special chars (mostly ÿ EN) somewhere inside, without having reloaded the files.
This happens in the background without editing this file, with saving all files this error is written to disk.
It seems not to happen while writing the file to disk, maybe while internal actions like garbage collection or so.
Hope this helps in some way, the problem on my side is getting worse.
No difference between 32/64 Bit or Windows 10/11.
Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-10 16:33 by rseibel.
Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-12-11 05:44 | IP: IP Logged
This problem was mostly fixed in 5.0.7 builds - available in the developer forum
Posted by: rseibel | Date: 2021-12-14 13:50 | IP: IP Logged
Please see my description: Persists up to 5.0.7 (717), 32 and 64 Bit.
Posted by: tmtisfree | Date: 2021-12-18 11:27 | IP: IP Logged
I have this corruption once again yesterday, but the insertion of funny (sometimes ÿ, sometimes Chinese) characters dates back to PSPad version 4:
I have spent weeks tracking this problem since then but to no avail. The only clear pattern is the more and bigger files are opened, the more likely one will be corrupted at some point. It seems to be a old in-memory management problem.
So the motto is "Test early, save often"!
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-18 11:33 by tmtisfree.