You are here: PSPad forum > Bug report / Hlášení chyb > Re: Access violation in ntdll.dll

Re: Access violation in ntdll.dll

#1 Access violation in ntdll.dll

Posted by: Extranjero | Date: 2020-11-18 06:43 | IP: IP Logged

Access violation at address 00007FF8C28072A6 in module 'ntdll.dll'. Write of address 00000002015DCD24.
Happens rather often when trying to close a file from the tabs ... and occurrs always twice.
Note: more than 15 years opening 'project from folder', never saving projects, always happened but with much less frecuency - now it happens with mor than 66% of attemps closing files ... restart the instance/all instances of pspad, wich formerly resolved the problem for a while, actually doesn't have no effect.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Access violation in ntdll.dll

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-11-18 07:39 | IP: IP Logged

What PSPad version do you use?

#3 Re: Access violation in ntdll.dll

Posted by: Extranjero | Date: 2020-11-18 09:56 | IP: IP Logged

5.0.4 (531)
The problem isn't new, but now with higher frequency (2 from 3). And what causes attention is, that it always happens twice on closing one tab, to say: happens, on closing the error window it happens another time.
Closing tabs in bulk manner (e.g. 'all left' or 'all but this'), it seems to happen fewer times (only to click through 3 - 4 error windows), closing the PsPad +/- twice.
Note: I'm running PsPad from an extern disk (like 'portable').

#4 Re: Access violation in ntdll.dll

Posted by: tmtisfree | Date: 2020-12-24 07:44 | IP: IP Logged

This crash existed for years and appears randomly, but especially with many opened files/tabs.

I have one yesterday with about 30 tabs opened, which also erased the settings files as usual.

The rule is, the least amount of opened files, the least chance the program crashes. Not very helpful I know, but I (and the author I presume) have not been able to track down this nasty problem (unable to replicate).

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR