Posted by: Extranjero | Date: 2020-06-04 10:04 | IP: IP Logged
From time to time it happens that in a random part of a file, the clear-code is suddenly converted in 'strange' special characters.
As its out of view, u realize it after upload ist app/browser says that's there no way to process it.
Attaching the link to a screen-shot in hope that it works:
Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-06-04 10:51 | IP: IP Logged
Do you use Code explorer, FTP ?
Posted by: Extranjero | Date: 2020-06-04 11:16 | IP: IP Logged
Doing all in ANSI Western European (1552), no Code explorer, no FTP.
I think this could be because of reaching a memory-leak or something like this ... and every time it happens, there are a some/lots of &Yuml (Ÿ) signs in the changed text.
Sometimes it affects only 1 line, other times 3 or 4 lines but converting them in a single line.
As for it's easy to identify and correct (if there exists a back-up of the file), it's not 'mortal' - valid only for mentioning .
BTW: PsPad is a great program!
Have a nice day!
Greetings from Mar del Plata (Argentina).
Posted by: khagaroth | Date: 2020-06-13 07:00 | IP: IP Logged
Tough luck with this one. It's a bug that has been reported repeatedly by different users for at least 2 years and it's still not fixed. Though to be fair, the fact that it's quite random and isn't tied to a particular file type/highlighter and happens on even plain TXT makes it hard to reproduce. The only clue is that the gibberish always starts with ÿ (FF) which points to UTF-16 LE (internal text representation?).
Posted by: khagaroth | Date: 2020-06-13 20:33 | IP: IP Logged
Ok, scratch two years, just found one (not the oldest for sure) thread on this bug, and it's from 2015, time really flies.
Posted by: Gorlash | Date: 2020-06-23 01:20 | IP: IP Logged
Yes, I've been reporting it repeatedly, for many years, over many versions...
I had to quit using PsPad at my last job, because it would inject this corruption into files, at sites that I wasn't even working on - and then they would get committed to Git repository, and when I tried to generate a pull request, it would fail because of garbage characters in the file!!
Another difficulty of duplicating this issue, is that it is *much* more common when I have many files open simultaneously in PsPad... but when I'm on the job, it is *quite* common for me to have 10 or 15 files open simultaneously...
It is very sad...
Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-06-23 04:12 | IP: IP Logged
I agree, there were lot of reports in the past. But in 5.0.4 I got only one report as I remember.