You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2275) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2275) English

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

#1 PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2275) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2007-09-19 18:42 | IP: IP Logged

Download links (1.7 MB):
pspad.cincura.net
ftp.siliconhill.cz

Notes on PSPad update versions:
this CAB archive contains PSPad.EXE and language files only. Unpack it with subfolders and replace existing files from the last full release

Changes to 4.5.3 (2272)

News
Window title shows FTP path instead the local path for files from FTP
Program setings / Direct edit - added search box
User highlighter - added comment style 'space' for Descript.ion files
Scripting support - added new functions selStart() a selLength() - see readme in script folder
Code explorer for Tcl/Tk - added Bdy section
Code explorer - added support for LISP
XML reformat - partially optimalization

Corrections
Internal HTML preview - Show messages button was disabled
Internal HTML preview - ESC doesn't exist preview window if program exit on Escape was disabled
Sort dialog - HEX chars in Locale field
Smart file switching

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2275) English

Posted by: Stefan | Date: 2007-09-19 18:51 | IP: IP Logged

Thank you Jan.

#3 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2275) English

Posted by: Stefan | Date: 2007-09-19 19:25 | IP: IP Logged

PSPad wrote:
> Program settings / Direct edit - added search box

For what is this good for? For such a short section.

1.) Translation string for "Hledat" is missed from language ini

2.) This search search not in [Special settings] only.

f.ex.
"Text" didn't find "TextClipsIfHLOff=0"
but "Text=1FFFFFFF1FFFFFFF000" from section [HTML document]

and "Word" didn't jump to "WordWrapEnabled=0"
but to "WordWrap=0" from [Config]

#4 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2275) English

Posted by: MrSpock | Date: 2007-09-19 22:34 | IP: IP Logged

Thank you for the new build.

I see three minor problems:

1. I agree with Stefan that the new search for the "direct edit" window does not work 100%. For example, set the cursor to the top of the ini file and search for "cascading". The search will stop at "curLine" or something like that.
But I think it's a very good idea to have a search field there! Very helpful.

2. Smart CTRL+TAB has stopped working completely for me. Now it just switches from file 1 to 2, then to 3 etc. and eventually back to 1, regardless of the order in which I click on the tabs. In short, it behaves as if smart switching were turned off (which isn't -- I just checked).

3. In the readme.rtf, I guess the second blockEndX should be blockEndY. ("returns block end line")

#5 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2275) English

Posted by: lwssqyx | Date: 2007-09-20 02:18 | IP: IP Logged

I build a ftp with the name of Chinese.But I find when I open open this ftp site,the name shown on the panel is not correct but confused characters.

#6 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2275) English

Posted by: kiendlm | Date: 2007-09-20 07:58 | IP: IP Logged

Thanks for the new build, Jan.

It seems that some little redrawing bug made it into this build. I have configured PSPad so that it comes up empty (with no file open) when I start it using the Windows Start Menu. With the new build, initially only the disabled buttons are visible on the toolbar and on the tool window. The enabled buttons of the toolbar and on the tool window as well as all tabs on the tool window (ftp, explorer, ...) become visible only if I drag another application over the corresponding areas of the PSPad application window (i.e. if I manually cause the PSPad application window to redraw itself). When I open a file, everything is redrawn correctly. This can be watched on Windows XP as well as on Windows 2000.

On Windows XP, additionally the border between the Tool bar and the tool window is not correctly redrawn after I open the first file. Again I have to drag another application over PSPad in order to have it redrawn correctly.

I know these are only rather 'cosmetic' issues, but with my settings I see them every day and it worked fine in all previous builds. Nevertheless I'm a convinced user of your editor and meanwhile I've managed to spread PSPad among my colleagues, most of whom now use PSPad instead of UltraEdit. Keep up the great work!

Markus

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-09-20 08:09 by kiendlm.

#7 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2275) English

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2007-09-20 12:58 | IP: IP Logged

MrSpock:
Smart CTRL+TAB has stopped working completely for me.

As for my part, I'm quite happy with the current (2275) behaviour of "smart tab switching"; the most usual task, i.e. switching to the second last tab (activated before the current one) works now in a predictable way (Ctrl+Tab - release both keys). All other switching (Ctrl+Tab,Tab...; eventually with Shift) works without any extra "intelligence".

#8 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2275) English

Posted by: mahira | Date: 2007-09-20 16:08 | IP: IP Logged

Thanks for the new build.

I have a strange problem.

I've extracted the cab as always.

When I started pspad, some icons did not show up (until I move over with the mouse)

#9 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2275) English

Posted by: mahira | Date: 2007-09-20 16:09 | IP: IP Logged

that is the same problem I have...

kiendlm:
Thanks for the new build, Jan.

It seems that some little redrawing bug made it into this build. I have configured PSPad so that it comes up empty (with no file open) when I start it using the Windows Start Menu. With the new build, initially only the disabled buttons are visible on the toolbar and on the tool window. The enabled buttons of the toolbar and on the tool window as well as all tabs on the tool window (ftp, explorer, ...) become visible only if I drag another application over the corresponding areas of the PSPad application window (i.e. if I manually cause the PSPad application window to redraw itself). When I open a file, everything is redrawn correctly. This can be watched on Windows XP as well as on Windows 2000.

On Windows XP, additionally the border between the Tool bar and the tool window is not correctly redrawn after I open the first file. Again I have to drag another application over PSPad in order to have it redrawn correctly.

I know these are only rather 'cosmetic' issues, but with my settings I see them every day and it worked fine in all previous builds. Nevertheless I'm a convinced user of your editor and meanwhile I've managed to spread PSPad among my colleagues, most of whom now use PSPad instead of UltraEdit. Keep up the great work!

Markus

#10 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2275) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2007-09-20 17:35 | IP: IP Logged

I know and already it is corrected. I will release update.

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR