You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (163) English

PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (163) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next

#21 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (163) English

Posted by: human | Date: 2017-03-30 12:54 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
human:
Retested a very old issue that was reported before - it still happens in 5.0.0

human:
Retested with r2503 [...]: the end of strings isn't correctly recognized on first file load (gets corrected if you edit somewhere in the line).

For testing purposes click on "quote" and copy the following source to PSPad, use COBOL free format - both strings are correctly recognized. Now save the file and close + reopen PSPad. You'll have the file auto-loaded but the first string ending is not recognized.

05 LINE PLUS 1 COLUMN 1 VALUE '<---LOWLIGHT---><---HIGHLIGHT--><----LOW,REV---><---HIGH,REV--->'.

05 LINE PLUS 1 COLUMN 1 BACKGROUND-COLOR 0 FOREGROUND-COLOR 0 VALUE '00'.

Thank you for your work!

human

You might consider to check this.

I think PSPad behave correctly.
As default end of the area is set to position 71. But your string ends on the 100 position. If you want to use longer lines, go to highlighter settings and increase end of code to e.g. 110 on the specification tab.

The issue here is:

* set margins to free-form reference-format (0/0/255)
* add the text to a file --> everything is nice
* close and reopen PsPad --> the ending of the first string is not recognized any more
* manually edit anything in the offending line --> the ending of the first string is recognized again [I did not test this today but I guess this still works]

I've just re-tried this after years on a completely different machine where Pspad was never used before - the old bug is still in.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#22 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (163) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-03-30 13:06 | IP: IP Logged

human:
@Jan: What do you think of providing reasonable defaults for the "language specific help (URL or local file path)" where we find one?

There is no problem of it in form of URL. But I am not able to distribute individual 3rd party CHM files with PSPad.
Send me URLs what you want to set as default.

#23 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (163) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-03-30 13:09 | IP: IP Logged

human:
The issue here is:

* close and reopen PsPad --> the ending of the first string is not recognized any more
* manually edit anything in the offending line --> the ending of the first string is recognized again [I did not test this today but I guess this still works]

I've just re-tried this after years on a completely different machine where Pspad was never used before - the old bug is still in.

OK, got it. I will look for a probolem

#24 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (163) English

Posted by: human | Date: 2017-03-30 13:59 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
There is no problem of it in form of URL. [...]
Send me URLs what you want to set as default.

I'll have a look at this when I'm able to check if these actually work (the next build as you've told us you've fixed the missing replacement of %lword% already).

Please consider changing the caption (including the German translation) and adding the tooltip to the url/path field.

BTW: F1 (and the ? cursor) in Highlighter Settings->Specification lead to the help entry "Toolbar", not the highlighter specification entry; the help on the language selection on the left leads to the "Colors" entry (in this case the problem is likely that there is no help entry for the Highlighter settings like the one existing for the "Settings Menu".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-30 14:04 by human.

#25 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (163) English

Posted by: brolx | Date: 2017-03-30 15:24 | IP: IP Logged

I'm speaking about the color attached to one specific tab/file

#26 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (163) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-03-30 18:12 | IP: IP Logged

human:
The issue here is:

I found a problem. Area informations was set later into highlighter than content was drawn first time. Fixed.

#27 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (163) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-03-30 18:46 | IP: IP Logged

brolx:
I'm speaking about the color attached to one specific tab/file

Sorry. Colors you set for individual file is stored in PSCache.bin file.
You need to activate option Save file state in the program settings / Files and dirs

But remember, if you use old and new PSPad together, they have different version number for this file. It means new PSpad will delete this file created with old PSPad and vice versa.

#28 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (163) English

Posted by: brolx | Date: 2017-03-31 06:55 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
But remember, if you use old and new PSPad together, they have different version number for this file. It means new PSpad will delete this file created with old PSPad and vice versa.

This must be the problem.
Any way to migrate this file?

Or any way to "edit" it? For instance, I'd like to have all file in one specific folder in a specific color

Thanks

#29 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (163) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-03-31 07:08 | IP: IP Logged

brolx:
pspad:

Or any way to "edit" it? For instance, I'd like to have all file in one specific folder in a specific color

Thanks

There is no reason to migrate it. In this file is stored last setting for individual files (last position, bookmarks, highlighter, e.t.c.) You can anytime delete it.
If you want to use both PSPads together, put new one into separate folder where PSPad has rights to write and in program settings / System integration uncheck Multiuser environment. PSPad will store settings in it's folder instead of the user profile folder.

#30 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (163) English

Posted by: brolx | Date: 2017-03-31 10:51 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
brolx:
pspad:

Thanks

There is no reason to migrate it. In this file is stored last setting for individual files (last position, bookmarks, highlighter, e.t.c.) You can anytime delete it.
If you want to use both PSPads together, put new one into separate folder where PSPad has rights to write and in program settings / System integration uncheck Multiuser environment. PSPad will store settings in it's folder instead of the user profile folder.

I suppose I wasn't clear, sorry about that.
I customised the tab color on something like a hundred files. I copied the new version and the color customisation disappeared. I'd like to retrieve my custom colors (I still have the old bin file).
Another way would be to customise the color by specifying all files in one specific folder by some way.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR