You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2405) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2405) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

#31 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2405) English

Posted by: jofrie | Date: 2010-12-17 13:56 | IP: IP Logged

Hey Jan,
great work.
In Code Explorer some functions are missing.

examlpe:
int *ptrfoo(int *s){ // <-- function is missing in Code Explorer
return s;
}

int foo(int *s){ // <-- function is shown in Code Explorer
return *s;
}

void main(){ // <-- function is shown in Code Explorer
while(1);
}

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#32 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2405) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2010-12-17 14:03 | IP: IP Logged

In my fixed version is all ok already (I hope).

#33 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2405) English

Posted by: MadCompie | Date: 2010-12-18 11:41 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
MadCompie:
The 2405 build didn't solve the external file change detection
example: open a text file in pspad
open the same file in notepad
do some changes in notepad + save
go to pspad: there is no longer a message that the file has been changed?
sometimes it works but mostly not...
in previous versions there was no problem

Check this build:
forum.pspad.com

PSPad rules! I replied with the following to this build:

MadCompie:
You are really a hero! With the 2408 I can't reproduce the problem anymore and the changes detection works very smoothly!

some extracts of the logfile (the last one is an external change over FTP!) :

File: C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Eigenaar\Bureaublad\file2.txt old age: 1033004000 new age: 1033004015
File: C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Eigenaar\Bureaublad\file2.txt old age: 1033004015 new age: 1033004026
File: C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Eigenaar\Bureaublad\file2.txt old age: 1033004026 new age: 1033004067
File: C:\DOCUME~1\HP_EIG~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\PSpad\compie\public_html\robots.txt.new old age: 1033004106 new age: 1033004111

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-18 11:41 by MadCompie.

#34 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2405) English

Posted by: mgutt | Date: 2010-12-18 11:49 | IP: IP Logged

Bug in auto string completion (How is this feature called?):
If I write something and correct it with backspace and wait to long so the completion dropdown is displayed, the main window looses focus. This means I'm not able to press backspace anymore. The same behaviour is with the delete button. I need to write a sign first to get focus back on the main window.

In the same function is a second bug:
I use the HTML mulihighlighter (don't know if its in other modes, too). If I switch between string and php code by using quotes and moving the cursor forward into a complete written var it is treated as uncomplete and the dropdown shows unlogical options. Look here:
www.maxrev.de

And this FTP bug is still present:
forum.pspad.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-18 12:04 by mgutt.

#35 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2405) English

Posted by: stefangabos | Date: 2010-12-18 18:44 | IP: IP Logged

There has been a small change to how auto completion (CTRL-J) works: until now, whenever there was a *single* option it was automatically used and now it shows the pop-up even if there's a single option. Basically, I got used to simply press CTRL-J when I knew there was a single possible options but now I have to use CTRL-J and ENTER. Can we please have it so that whenever there's a single option it will be automatically used?
Thanks!

#36 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2405) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2010-12-18 19:00 | IP: IP Logged

stefangabos:
There has been a small change to how auto completion (CTRL-J) works: until now, whenever there was a *single* option it was automatically used and now it shows the pop-up even if there's a single option. Basically, I got used to simply press CTRL-J when I knew there was a single possible options but now I have to use CTRL-J and ENTER. Can we please have it so that whenever there's a single option it will be automatically used?
Thanks!

To switch off automatic autocomplete set autocomplete delay to 0 in program settings / Editor 2

#37 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2405) English

Posted by: stefangabos | Date: 2010-12-18 21:08 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
stefangabos:
Thanks!

To switch off automatic autocomplete set autocomplete delay to 0 in program settings / Editor 2

yes, i know that but i am talking about something else: what i mean, is that if there is a single choice in the autocomplete popup, don't show the popup anymore but rather just use that single available option when pressing CTRL-J. this is what the behavior was in the previous version;

#38 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2405) English

Posted by: crimson | Date: 2010-12-20 01:44 | IP: IP Logged

kiendlm:
crimson:
Hi Jan:

There is a minor bug. After I updated to 2405, the the script items show twice in the submenu of Scripts menu. Please check it. Thx a lot.

best regards.
crimson

Cannot confirm this on Win 7 x64.

I can confirm it's not happened on Win7 x64, but still happened on Win7 x32.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-20 01:44 by crimson.

#39 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2405) English

Posted by: mgutt | Date: 2010-12-20 10:57 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:

This helps to prevent the errors, but the function is still buggy. I found some more errors. Sometimes it displays the popup while I'm pressing the forward arrow key (so delay isn't reached, the delay seems to start after pressing the arrow key the first time).

And sometimes it is displayed if I want to mark some code. Often I use doube click to mark vars and the popup is displayed. Although the var is completely marked the popup shows proposals for the position where I've double clicked on (mostly the middle of the var).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-20 10:57 by mgutt.

#40 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2405) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2010-12-20 11:23 | IP: IP Logged

It was first version with autocomplete. It must be tuned up yet.
Every ideas and notes are welcome.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR