You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2351) English

Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2351) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next

#31 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2351) English

Posted by: kiendlm | Date: 2009-06-23 07:39 | IP: IP Logged

human:
About the "I dont't use this or that feature":
Maybe some of theses could be hided via a new ini-file? Possible personalization is always a good thing.

This is a real good idea and something I'm waiting for since I started using PSPad, as well as fully configurable toolbars.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#32 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2351) English

Posted by: mgutt | Date: 2009-06-23 17:25 | IP: IP Logged

kiendlm:
Useful e.g. for quickly selecting and removing trailing spaces in a line.

You mean its easier to jump in front of the whitespace hold space, press end again and delete the whitespace? Hmm.. jumping to the last position and pressing backspace seems to be faster ;)

ok I could use "delete" instead of "backspace", but backspace is much easier to reach I think.

kiendlm:
Google:
OK, I don't say there is no reason to talk of removing that function. What bothered me was that you simply asked for removing it, without even trying to give a reason.

Was only my point of view. Sure, others can discuss this point.

kiendlm:
It is not likely that PSPad will be changed to better handle big files in the forseeable future

No problem. Because of that I wrote "nice to have". I don't need it very often, but every time I did I had to install ultra edit or use a txt-file-splitter like jsplit:
www.programmierer-forum.de

kiendlm:
As long as the update process simply consists of unpacking a CAB archive into the PSPad program folder this won't work.

It would be possible to start a POST-Process after someone hits the "check version"-entry in the help menu to send the data. Or the update process is changed in something like filezilla does (first run of the program = update check & send stats).

kiendlm:
human:
About the "I dont't use this or that feature":
Maybe some of theses could be hided via a new ini-file? Possible personalization is always a good thing.

This is a real good idea and something I'm waiting for since I started using PSPad, as well as fully configurable toolbars.

Nice idea. The toolbar is deactivated on my site, but why not a editable toolbar as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-23 17:27 by mgutt.

#33 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2351) English

Posted by: mgutt | Date: 2009-06-23 17:35 | IP: IP Logged

mgutt:
What I have found: - the ftp clients losts after x seconds the connection. that is ok, but if I go to an upper folder it jumps back to root. so pspad needs to keep in mind the last folder, although it losts connection.

Other problems on that:
- If the connection is lost you can't press "refresh". If you do the page turns white. Instead of that the ftp connection should restart.
- If you want to open a file (located in root or folder) pspad returns an error sound. Instead of that the ftp connection should restart and open the file.

#34 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2351) English

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2009-06-23 21:28 | IP: IP Logged

mgutt:
- if a line ends with a whitespace the jump to the last char with the button "end" ends before this whitespace and not after it as expected

You can uncheck
Settings: Editor 1:
[ ] Extended Home key
[ ] Extended End key
to get the implicit behaviour.

With this options active, you can press the keys twice to also get to the beginning/end of the whole line.

vbr

#35 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2351) English

Posted by: mgutt | Date: 2009-06-24 15:09 | IP: IP Logged

vbr:
[ ] Extended End key

Fine, with deactivating this option the problem is gone. One click sends me to the end of the line as I want it. Thank you!

#36 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2351) English

Posted by: mgutt | Date: 2009-06-26 15:23 | IP: IP Logged

Something I really missed since Dreamweaver:
- a doubleclick on $var marks "$var", a doubleclick on array['var'] marks "var". I wish to have "var" in both cases.

#37 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2351) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2009-06-26 18:14 | IP: IP Logged

mgutt:
Something I really missed since Dreamweaver:
- a doubleclick on $var marks "$var", a doubleclick on array['var'] marks "var". I wish to have "var" in both cases.

And many users wants to mark whole variable include '$'

#38 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2351) English

Posted by: human | Date: 2009-06-27 11:03 | IP: IP Logged

Therefore: if this behaviour is wanted by some, and by some others not it needs to be configurable. Maybe it is already, like it was with the "end of line & trailing spaces".

#39 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2351) English

Posted by: ianh | Date: 2009-06-28 11:23 | IP: IP Logged

Using CABs on Windows 7

The CAB format appears to now be flattened on Windows 7, and extracting files using this format places all files in a single level in the destination folder - at least thats whats happening to me.

Has anyone else seen this, and worked out how to unpack the PSPad beta updates without doing each file in the CAB, one at a time? If not, is it necessary to change away from CAB to a more suitable format...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-28 11:24 by ianh.

#40 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2351) English

Posted by: human | Date: 2009-06-28 12:38 | IP: IP Logged

Use free unpacker www.7-zip.org to unpack the cab file.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR