You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2395) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2395) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

#41 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2395) English

Posted by: human | Date: 2010-10-14 06:05 | IP: IP Logged

Inline comments were included in COBOL 2002 standard and are (by standard) only usable in free format, not in fixed (what current PSPad syntax schema is for).
Some vendors have extensions for inline comments in free format, too. I'm currently aware of *> (as it is in 2002 strandard for free format) and the pipe |.
If inline comments are allowed, both should be recognized but the column where they are should NOT matter.
To continue the comment highlight colour after pos. 72 in fixed format would be wrong as these columns don't belong to the normal COBOL coding areas. The current behaviour is quite useful, as some COBOL vendors have special commands there that HAVE to be a COBOL comment. One would not recognize these any more if the current highlighting colour would be changed.

human

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#42 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2395) English

Posted by: Lolo | Date: 2010-10-26 10:08 | IP: IP Logged

Hello,

I have a crash when trying to change Print Preview from Portrait to Landscape to Portrait (see crash report)

-------------

Exception description:
I have opened PSPad (on blank document) and Select Print Preview (in Portrait by default)
I changed portrait to landscape and wanted to return to portrait (from printer setting button) => I have this error message

Exception class:
Exception address:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stack list, generated 26/10/2010 12:00:51

Edit by mod:
Please don't post such list into the forum.
Send them by email to the author Jan.
Find the mail address in help menu of PSPad.
Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Program : C:\Program Files\PSPad editor\PSPad.exe 4.5.5 (2395)
System : Windows XP Professional, Version: 5.1, Build: A28, "Service Pack 3"
Processor: Intel, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7300 @ 2.66GHz, 2660 MHz MMX
Display : 1440x900 pixels, 32 bpp
Active Controls Hierarchy:
TButton ""
TToolBar ""
TfPrintPrev ""

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-26 19:50 by Stefan.

#43 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2395) English

Posted by: stefangabos | Date: 2010-10-27 09:38 | IP: IP Logged

can we please have "trim trailing spaces" a 3-state checkbox? a) don't trim trailing spaces; b) trim trailing spaces as you type; c) trim trailing spaces when saving file.
thank you!

#44 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2395) English

Posted by: stefangabos | Date: 2010-10-27 09:41 | IP: IP Logged

also, when using the quick search feature (ctrl-e) it sometimes stops working and I open the standard search dialog (ctrl-f) and find the "whole words only" checked. so, basically, the quick search feature sometimes triggers the "whole words only" property automatically. maybe I'm accidentally pressing a key combination?

#45 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2395) English

Posted by: dmengel | Date: 2010-10-28 15:56 | IP: IP Logged

I experience a problem running 4.5.4(2356) under >> windows 7 (32 and 64bit) << - and have not found anything about it in the forum - maybe it is a bug..:
if the folder count in a network drive shown in the file/explorer window exceeds some limit, the application hangs after klicking on the icon to open the subtree. (In windows explorer the behaviour is normal - it shows the subtree within a second...

#46 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2395) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2010-10-29 04:53 | IP: IP Logged

dmengel:
I experience a problem running 4.5.4(2356) under >> windows 7 (32 and 64bit) << - and have not found anything about it in the forum - maybe it is a bug..:
if the folder count in a network drive shown in the file/explorer window exceeds some limit, the application hangs after klicking on the icon to open the subtree. (In windows explorer the behaviour is normal - it shows the subtree within a second...

In the program settings / Program 1 uncheck:
[]use system icons in code explorer

#47 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2395) English

Posted by: scotts | Date: 2010-11-18 23:04 | IP: IP Logged

I am also having the same problem noted in posts #7 and #8. That if another app modifies the file I don't always get prompted that the file has changed. Sometimes it does, but not usually. This worked everytime in previous versions.
The specific case I have right now is I open an XML file in pspad, then a C# appication reads the file and writes back a modified file. I have to close and reopen the file in pspad for the changes to show up, most of the time.

#48 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2395) English

Posted by: MadCompie | Date: 2010-11-24 20:53 | IP: IP Logged

Same for me too!
I open 2 files with the integrated FTP: it's contents are written in a temp map...ok
Next I modify 1 of the sources with an external app (DiffMerge, to compare 2 files) and do a save.
In 4.5.4 there was always the message "file changed!" but since the 4.5.5 beta this is no longer te case sad smiley

#49 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2395) English

Posted by: tscaffidi | Date: 2010-11-25 09:54 | IP: IP Logged

Ciao Jan,

English:
you could add in "Print Preview" option "Selection Only", so "print -> print range -> selection?
thanks.

Italian:
si potrebbe aggiungere in "Print Preview" l'opzione "Solo Selezione", allo stesso modo di come fa in "Stampa -> Intervallo di Stampa -> Selezione"?
grazie.

Tonino

#50 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2395) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2010-11-25 10:57 | IP: IP Logged

tscaffidi:
Ciao Jan,

English:
you could add in "Print Preview" option "Selection Only", so "print -> print range -> selection?
thanks.

This option is there.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR