You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2255) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2255) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

#51 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2255) English

Posted by: _meta_ | Date: 2007-02-14 12:00 | IP: IP Logged

Then I guess IE7 isn't causing it.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#52 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2255) English

Posted by: MrSpock | Date: 2007-02-14 12:47 | IP: IP Logged

Do those of you who have the ctrl+tab problem have ctfmon.exe running? IE7 installed it on my system (of course without asking or telling me, the Microsoft(R) way). After killing the process, it looks like PSPad behaves normally.
Edit: But I have only tested this for a few minutes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-02-14 12:48 by MrSpock.

#53 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2255) English

Posted by: Jume | Date: 2007-02-14 18:57 | IP: IP Logged

if you have win xp sp2 (probably every xp version however) with alternative language keyboard input or office installed, you will have that file loaded by default

it seems it is loaded in most of non-english xp also, though i didnt searched that far, you can easily get info if you do an internet search for the file name

the point is that it does not need to come from ie7 (though if ie7 does provide alternative language input support, it may install it as well), not sure why it should be related to ctrl+tab

to stop it from appearing, simply turn off language bar and any other alternative language inputs, office may run it and leave it running after closed too, however its need for resources is neligible so i wouldnt care

however, it seems there are spywares/viruses mimicking the name of that process so watch out, the real one is located in windows/system32, any other one is a fake

hth

#54 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2255) English

Posted by: Sotho Tal Ker | Date: 2007-02-15 01:53 | IP: IP Logged

Hi again.
The error that popped up could really be caused by the described "memory issue". I think this is caused by explorer.exe. While i was not short on memory when this error occured it could be that the explorer went haywire (it sometimes does that for me and only restarting the explorer.exe itself helps). Anyway... grinning smiley

After working for a week with PSPad i miss a few little things here and there:
~ There is no option to show the current path of the file in the tab. As I often work with files that have the same name but are in different paths, this would make working with the editor much easier, as i could directly see which tab belongs to which file. (Maybe a %pathname% variable to display full path and name in the setting dialog) smiling smiley

~ Please use a lighter color for displaying whitespace (tabs, spaces, line ends) as for example TextPad does it. This way you can still see the whitespace signs, but it does not affect the ability to read the contents, while currently the text becomes much harder to read. (Or let the user choose which color the displayed whitespace should have - personally i would choose a light grey then. smiling smiley)

~ Add syntax highlighting for C-Sharp, please grinning smiley

~ PSPad displays URLs like links. It would be nice if there was an option to open the link in the default brwoser (or a set browser from preferences) in the context menu, if you rightclick on the link.

Thank you for your attention and for this great and free program. winking smiley

#55 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2255) English

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2007-02-15 08:23 | IP: IP Logged

Sotho Tal Ker:
~ option to show the current path of the file in the tab.

Usually the file path of the active tab is shown in the title bar, the path of other tabs is also displayed as tooltip after moving a mouse over them.
there is also another option in the context menu of the tab: Copy filename to clipboard

Sotho Tal Ker:
~ syntax highlighting for C-Sharp

some other highlighters can be assigned to "not assigned" in Settings :: higlighters settings
C-Sharp should also be there; see: forum.pspad.com

Sotho Tal Ker:
~ an option to open the link in the default browser

Would be useful, I think, now one can use the context menu: Open file appointed by selection (after selecting the actual link addres however).

#56 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2255) English

Posted by: Ilya | Date: 2007-02-15 09:37 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Arne:
Since using PSPad 4.5.2, I have a problem when opening files from another IDE (here I can specify my editor). The file pspad.exe always gets openend in Hex mode on top of the C-file I wanted to open.

Can you confirm it with the latest 4.5.3 build?
Can you tell me command line what runs PSPad from your IDE?

I use 4.5.3 2255 PSPad's version on both WinXP and Win98SE platforms to edit Tcl files. The problem mentioned above appears on Win98 machines. On WinXP all works ok.
The IDE's command in both WINs is:
"C:\Program Files\PSPad\PSPad.exe" "%1"

The difference between WINs is that on WinXP the "Use DDE" option is checked, and on Win98SE this option is unchecked.

Ilya

#57 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2255) English

Posted by: MrSpock | Date: 2007-02-15 09:40 | IP: IP Logged

Sotho Tal Ker:
~ PSPad displays URLs like links. It would be nice if there was an option to open the link in the default browser [...].

Have you tried ctrl+click?

#58 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2255) English

Posted by: skwire | Date: 2007-02-15 10:46 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Corrections
AutoHotkey Code explorer

Jan, in this version, the AutoHotkey Code Explorer no longer shows functions...only labels. The previous version (4.5.3 2253) shows both properly.

#59 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2255) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2007-02-15 13:10 | IP: IP Logged

skwire:
Jan, in this version, the AutoHotkey Code Explorer no longer shows functions...only labels. The previous version (4.5.3 2253) shows both properly.

Problematic source sample please

#60 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2255) English

Posted by: Kippesoep | Date: 2007-02-15 14:15 | IP: IP Logged

When an FTP connection is disconnected and PSPad needs to reconnect to change the directory or save/load a file it doesn't restore the remote directory properly.

I might be connected to /home/kippesoep/www/templates and editing a file there. When I click ".." a connection is re-established, but the directory is not restored. Instead, it remains at the default (/home/kippesoep) and ".." brings me to "/home". Or I will attempt to save the file and it just fails.

This worked fine in build 2253.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR