You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2228) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2228) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next

#51 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2228) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-07-22 07:45 | IP: IP Logged

Lolo:
Is it possible to prevent PSPad to connect to Internet at startup?

I didn't find anything in program settings.

Search forum history. PSPad itself doesn't need any internet connection on the start, it doesn't any internet related action. Maybe some DNS request...

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#52 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2228) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-07-22 07:47 | IP: IP Logged

anon:
Why does PSpad try to access the net on startup? In my config, it has no reason to do so and its irritating because when you start it up, there is a noticeable pause. Even when I configured my firewall to prevent it from accessing the net, it still has this startup delay.

Program settings / Files
[x]Store from local drives only
Program settings / Internet
[]Use proxy server (uncheck)
Program setings / System
[]Scripting support (uncheck, maybe)

#53 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2228) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-07-22 08:32 | IP: IP Logged

Markus Kiendl:
Hi Jan,

thanks again for your great editor which I use for almost any file type. There are 2 small issues I would like to tell you:

1) With the MS-DOS Batch hilighter (which by the way is really good an useful for editing large batch scripts), if a line only contains the two characters to change the current drive (i.e. "d:"), the double point ":" is displayed italic. As soon as you type any aditional char after the :, the : is displayed non-italic as expected.

2) In the print preview, if you select a dynamically adapted zoom factor ("Fit to page" or "page width"), there are extra horizontal spaces between the characters and therefore the preview display is broken. If you select a fixed zoom factor, everything is OK.

Again, these are really small issues which don't prevent me from using pspad, but it would be nice if you could have a look at this.
Regards

Markus

1. corrected. Available in the next build.

2. send me some screenshots

#54 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2228) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-07-22 10:16 | IP: IP Logged

molinarm:
Jan,

in PSPad 4.3.3 search dialogue there was a great option: "Copy non matching lines". Would it be possible to have it back, at least for non-Unicode files?

Another thing. When you switch project, you are asked whether "you are sure to close all open files". If you say "No", instead of switching project leaving the files open, the switch is stopped. Would it be possible (or, maybe, is it already possible with some configuration switch) to implement the other behaviour (i.e. switch project, but leave the files open)?

Thanks anyway for your attention, cheers,

Mario smiling smiley

Yes, it will be back. Now I am fighting with SynEdit component search and I am deciding, if spend more time with correction of existing search or write my own one.

#55 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2228) English

Posted by: Jody | Date: 2006-07-23 20:22 | IP: IP Logged

Maybe this might be a good time to go ahead and write your own search function. Over the last couple of years we've been talking about having the search/replace work with "blocks" of text (such as HomeSite) and this might be the best way to move in that direction.

Just my thoughts.

Hope your vacation was great. I know it was well deserved.

Thanks as always,

Jody

#56 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2228) English

Posted by: Joe Belmaati | Date: 2006-07-24 05:07 | IP: IP Logged

Jody:
Maybe this might be a good time to go ahead and write your own search function.

If this becomes relevant then please consider implementing use of \n for search and replace. I know that there's a work-around now that sort of works, but full implementation of \n would be wonderful...

#57 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2228) English

Posted by: molinarm | Date: 2006-07-24 10:00 | IP: IP Logged

Jan,

if you ever decide to rewrite search, I suggest to keep the search dialogue independent from the main Window, so that you can switch from one tab to another one without closing the dialogue.

What about the second part of my mail (i.e. the ability to switch project without closing all the open files)?

Mario

#58 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2228) English

Posted by: mathiasm | Date: 2006-07-24 12:08 | IP: IP Logged

Some quirks in MSDOS Batch highlighter:
the & sign is a command separator.
Thus, echo xxx & cd temp should only highlight xxx as a string of echo Actually, it highlights the whole line.

Another quirk:
Paste this text in a new document using MSDOS Batch highlighter:
if exist err_Rep2Thumb.log (
del /f /q err_Rep2Thumb.log
echo "INFORMATION : Apparemment, la galerie existe déjà."
echo "Si les noms des photos sont différents, les photos seront simplement ajoutées à cette galerie."
)

When you use up/down arrows to browse the code, some commands change of style to get the string style. Annoying.

Thank you

#59 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2228) English

Posted by: Michael S | Date: 2006-07-24 13:37 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,
there seem to be two bugs at the log memo.
I'm using the log with gcc commandline compiler, for my c/c++ projects.

1)
When running the compiler, in the very first seconds the output of the compiler appears in the logbox, but then only black icons are shown. Maybe the output of the piped DOS is to fast, or a unicode problem?!

2)
At the beginning I've made some mistakes at setting the path to the compiler, so I got the following message:
"---------------
Bad command line format for external application
Unable to create Process

Process completed, Exit Code 0.
Execution time: 28:17.171
"---------------
If you press the F9 button a second time, the log-screen is cleared, and the message is printed again. So far so good winking smiley If you press F9 for about 5 seconds, the compile is executed again and again... but the log-screen hasn't enough time to display the output. Finally there is sonething shown like that:

"---------------
Bad command line format for external application
Unable to create Process

Execution time: 32:51.312

"---------------

That is not really an error, but an anchour, possibly that will take some problems with it. If you would block any F9 attempts, while performing an F9 action you might solve that problem.

Kind regards
Michael S.

#60 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2228) English

Posted by: Michael S | Date: 2006-07-24 13:40 | IP: IP Logged

Hi, again...
I've played around and found the project setting "Follow compilation progress in LOG" when I deselect that checkbox, problem 1 is "solved"

Kind regards
Michael S

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR