You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2228) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2228) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next

#21 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2228) English

Posted by: Jody | Date: 2006-07-07 22:01 | IP: IP Logged

I've been having this problem for quite a while, over a year, and is still present in 2228.
When I toggle the spell checker the misspelled words are underlined. When I click to correct one the lines disappear and I have to toggle off and then on to get them back.

I just received an error when toggling back on and moved the mouse back in the doc. Tried to use mail log but it didn't get sent, don't know why... sorry.
Terminated the program and reopened.

Many times just moving the mouse on the page will make them disappear.

That is what is happening now as I type this.
Now it's not... comes and goes.

I have never thought the spell checker was a stable as it should be for the reasons listed above. Most times, when in doubt, I check using another app sad smiley

Thanks,

Jody

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#22 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2228) English

Posted by: MrSpock | Date: 2006-07-08 11:36 | IP: IP Logged

I have similar problems with the spell checker, but only when word-wrap is on.

#23 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2228) English

Posted by: pepperpod | Date: 2006-07-08 11:43 | IP: IP Logged

MrSpock:
I have similar problems with the spell checker, but only when word-wrap is on.

Me too. It's the one thing that's preventing me from using PSPad for everything.

#24 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2228) English

Posted by: Dave | Date: 2006-07-08 13:38 | IP: IP Logged

I've never experienced that problem with spellcheck and I've used PSPad on different computers - strange.
Also in V. 2223 there was a vast improvement in the load up speed, PSPad could load up a dozen or so very large files like lightning, a vast improvement over previous versions. With V. 2228 it's become slower again.

#25 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2228) English

Posted by: pepperpod | Date: 2006-07-08 17:14 | IP: IP Logged

I think Jan is aware of the spellcheck problem, but it appears to be a difficult nut to crack sad smiley . See response to my original post:

forum.pspad.com

P

#26 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2228) English

Posted by: Jody | Date: 2006-07-09 00:26 | IP: IP Logged

That's good to know. I can toggle off word wrap when spell checking.

OK... I stumbled on this purely by chance.

URLs are now being highlighted in a new document but if you copy text with urls from an open document (txt) and past to a "New" document they are not. Not a huge problem if you still have the original open and need to click to the site but I thought you should be aware.

Thanks,

Jody

#27 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2228) English

Posted by: Mario Molinari | Date: 2006-07-11 13:25 | IP: IP Logged

Jan,

I don't know whether it is just me, or my PC, or my PSPad configuration, or some other application I've installed, or whether I'm using PSPad to do things different from the other users...

Anyway I have a problem when performing searches in large files (20 MB), using the "List" button: some times the search dialogue remains stuck on the screen and there is no way to close it.

The only workaround I've found is to kill PSPad and re-open it.

Did anyone else get this problem? Is there any known fix?

Apart from this problem, I think that it would be a big improvement in the search features if the search (and search-in-files) dialogue(s) ran independently from the main Window, and in parallel with it, so that it would be possible, for example, to switch from one tab to another one without having to close the dialogue.

I understand this would cause some synchronization problem, but I believe it would be worth the effort.

Thanks anyway and again for PSPad, and thanks in advance for any consideration you'll give to this e-mail.

Cheers, smiling smiley
Mario Molinari

#28 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2228) English

Posted by: Patrick | Date: 2006-07-12 06:36 | IP: IP Logged

yes, i got this problem too. And I don't like to use other than fixed fonts for programming.

#29 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2228) English

Posted by: peter4rd | Date: 2006-07-12 11:20 | IP: IP Logged

What I see is something odd in the "Search in Files Results" window.
If you have the window so it displays say 25 results the
first 10 results are bold and have the occurrence count
at the end of the line. All the remaining in view are in normal font
and no occurrence count. Resize the window (even slightly) and all the entries
get bolded and have occurrence counts added.

One other point. The "Search in Files Results" window seems to
use a variable pitch font which displays code badly. Is there
any way to change the font in the "Search in Files Results" window.

It shows PSPad a pretty good editor if this is all I can find to quibble about.

This is 2228, XP-Pro & SP2

Thanks

Pete Ford
smiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smiley

#30 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2228) English

Posted by: stefan gabos | Date: 2006-07-13 07:48 | IP: IP Logged

a small bug when using the clipboard monitor: click on "stop monitoring", select something and now "start monitoring". if you now press CTRL-C nothing happens. you'll have to first deselect the text, and interestingly enough, select ANOTHER text, press CTRL-C on that and after that select again your text and press CTRL-C to work. notice that if you deselect your text and select it again it still doesn't work

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR