You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > has the crashing/random character insertion issue been addressed in the latest version?

has the crashing/random character insertion issue been addressed in the latest version?

#1 has the crashing/random character insertion issue been addressed in the latest version?

Posted by: poopiepoop | Date: 2023-07-20 08:37 | IP: IP Logged

hello,

i love pspad! and i have been currently running stable without a crash with version 5.0.4 (32b) on windows 10 for 3 years now, because when i have installed any of the newer versions since then in past years, each of the version had a very serious bug in it that has been mentioned in these threads

forum.pspad.com
forum.pspad.com
forum.pspad.com
forum.pspad.com
forum.pspad.com

- where randomly saving a file/tabbing between files/opening/closing files had crashed the pspad and/or started some memory overflow and in best case completely ruined the file and filled it with strange symbos and in worst case it had done some memory leak and crashed the whole notebook (i think the @pspad said that this had something to do with a new Delphi version with themes or something)

now, i have randomly checked online and see that in march there's been a new pspad version and it has many new cool features, however, i am afraid to download it as it has one some serious damage on my work and computer in the past when crashing and having memory leaks

could you please let me know whether has this issue been addressed? or are the crashes still persistant? i'd really love to update pspad and use the new version :(

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: has the crashing/random character insertion issue been addressed in the latest version?

Posted by: Freeman | Date: 2023-07-31 06:20 | IP: IP Logged

poopiepoop:
completely ruined the file and filled it with strange symbos and in worst case it had done some memory leak and crashed the whole notebook

I encountered this bug some time ago but not seen that in two recent betas. Now I'm using the latest one, 790.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR