You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2223) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2223) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

#21 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2223) English

Posted by: Mark Baines | Date: 2006-06-13 16:51 | IP: IP Logged

With reference to messages #44 and #47 in the thread "PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2221) English" I can now confirm that for files that use the highlighter, some such as *.ini, *.xml, *.rss, *.cmd, *.js can have the last line selected with a left-gutter click BUT some others, such as *.css cannot.

However, in some multihighlighted FrontPage html files, I can't select the last 26 lines!

Ordinary text files *.txt that aren't highlighted I usually still can't select the last 3 lines with this version. A particular file with lots of long wrapped lines, still can't select last 13 lines.

I'm wondering is part of this is a highlighter codebug?

Have a great holiday - you deserve it!

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#22 @SlimShady

Posted by: MrSpock | Date: 2006-06-13 16:54 | IP: IP Logged

SlimShady:
1. Yesterday I did a test with UTF-8 encoding and closed PSPad after.
Today I updated to the latest build and opened an existing (ANSI) file.
I opened the file with Notepad2 to verify.
While I was working with the file I noticed the encoding was still set to UTF-8.
I expect PSPad to retrieve the right encoding, instead it used my previous setting.
Bug or a feature?

When you open your file in Hex mode, you will see that there is nothing in the file to indicate the encoding. Provided there are chars beyond 127 in it, a program can try to guess the encoding somehow, but normally there is no way to "retrieve" it. See www.joelonsoftware.com.

#23 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2223) English

Posted by: tdusem | Date: 2006-06-13 16:59 | IP: IP Logged

jgodfrey:

Typically, I just select a line using this method, and then delete it by pressing the "Del" key. This had the effect of just deleting the entire line, and shifting everything else up, with all formatting in place.

Try Ctrl-Y (delete line)

#24 Re: @SlimShady

Posted by: SlimShady | Date: 2006-06-13 18:21 | IP: IP Logged

MrSpock:
SlimShady:
1. Yesterday I did a test with UTF-8 encoding and closed PSPad after.
Today I updated to the latest build and opened an existing (ANSI) file.
I opened the file with Notepad2 to verify.
While I was working with the file I noticed the encoding was still set to UTF-8.
I expect PSPad to retrieve the right encoding, instead it used my previous setting.
Bug or a feature?

When you open your file in Hex mode, you will see that there is nothing in the file to indicate the encoding. Provided there are chars beyond 127 in it, a program can try to guess the encoding somehow, but normally there is no way to "retrieve" it. See www.joelonsoftware.com.

I just did some tests. PSPad handles the encoding very well.
I understand what happened and what you said makes sense.

#25 Re: .

Posted by: SlimShady | Date: 2006-06-13 18:30 | IP: IP Logged

jgodfrey:
Hi Jan,

Excellent work on 2223 - the "find" behaviour problem (not shifting the view to the first occurence) seems to be fixed. That's a big relief, so thanks again... ;^)

Jeff

pspad:
SlimShady:
2. When I search/find a string in a file, the found string is highlighted. Good.
But sometimes the string is not visible in the current view, and I have to scroll to find it.
It's not only the case when using Ctrl+F, also when I press the F3 to find the next.
I hope you can fix this.

2. corrected in the latest build 4.5.2 (2223) - download in the PSPad beta forum

I am using 4.5.2 build 2223. It's not working here, I just tried again.

#26 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2223) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-06-13 18:33 | IP: IP Logged

jgodfrey:
In 2223, the same operation only selects the the actual text in the line, and does not select the leading spaces.

It depends of the extended Home key in the program settings. I agree, it isn't a good

#27 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2223) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-06-13 18:39 | IP: IP Logged

Mark Baines:
However, in some multihighlighted FrontPage html files, I can't select the last 26 lines!

I found a problem. This happends only in WordWrap mode. There is a bug in the Synedit editor component. I try to correct it.

#28 Re: .

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-06-13 18:42 | IP: IP Logged

SlimShady:
I am using 4.5.2 build 2223. It's not working here, I just tried again.

OK. Can you send me some file (via mail as attachment) and write exactly what I need to do to simulate your problem ?

#29 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2223) English

Posted by: Lolo | Date: 2006-06-13 18:49 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Lolo:
Really strange,

I have put the PSPad.exe from v4.5.2 build 2222 in my PSPad directory and I have openend my files without problem.
Now, I have restored the last PSPad.exe file and opened again my files but without problem yawning smiley

Really strange behavior.
I am going to continue to test PSPad in order to reproduce that problem.

OK. Users want to send several files as parameters to PSPad. I need to have enclosed files with doublequotes if files contains spaces. It's Microsoft command parameters standard.
If you use context handler, there is no problem to open long filename. If you use old registry based way, check, if parameter %1 in the registry is enclosed in doublequotes: "%1"

You can use old version as long as you want, but I will not change this behaviour in the future.
I open long filename with spaces without problem with the PSPad context handler (right mouse / PSPad)

I can't reproduce the problem anymore.
I propably had a problem in my registry.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

#30 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2223) English

Posted by: dhergert | Date: 2006-06-13 19:35 | IP: IP Logged

Nelson:
Can you try to let PSPad also remember which tab in Project panel was used last time?

It always focuses on Project tab as default, but I never use these Project functions.
For me, File explorer tab is much useful.
So I always have to switch it from Project tab to File explorer tab.

I hope PSPad can remember which tab (Project, File explorer, Favorite, FTP, and Window list) was used last time, and next time I open the panel it can switch to the tab I used last time automatically.

I highly agree with this comment, it would be awesome if this setting could be saved. I don't use the Project view; primarily just the file view and if it could default to that tab, that'd be awesome!

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR