You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2223) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2223) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

#61 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2223) English

Posted by: jugg | Date: 2006-06-29 20:47 | IP: IP Logged

jugg:
The good news is, that this build fixes the crazy long search time that was happening with the last full release. Thanks!

Looks like I spoke too soon, search time is still really bad.

Anytime a search (find next) is performed, and the search wraps, there is a very noticable pause until the next instance is found.

Also, related to this, when the search wraps, the view is taken to the top of the file where the long pause occurs, then when the next item is found, the view moves to that location.

So the problem is in two parts:
1. Long pause when a search wraps
2. The view is moved to the top of the file for no reason before subsequently being moved to the location of the next found item.

The search worked great back in 4.3 or whatever.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#62 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2223) English

Posted by: henry8lim | Date: 2006-06-30 09:32 | IP: IP Logged

Is there a way to switch Code Explorer to have function list under class instead of by itself -as in release pspad452b2214.

Having function list by itself is like a PHP beginners request. Most hard core PHP programmer will know that class follow by function is more clear and easy to find function relating to the class. Current Code Explorer listing function make PSPAD looks really dump and not user friendly as far as the Code Explorer is concerned.

Is it possible to have a switch in the configuration. So that dump PHP programmer can use it to switch to list function together and by default it should list function under class.

Thanks. I have to switch back to pspad452b2214.

#63 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2223) English

Posted by: n4cer | Date: 2006-06-30 11:07 | IP: IP Logged

Would be nice to have the CodeExplorer and VariableExplorer seperated as a "window object". This would avoid scrolling.

#64 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2223) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-06-30 11:16 | IP: IP Logged

You can use the Autocompletion function
Write start of the function or variable and press Ctrl+J.

#65 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2223) English

Posted by: n4cer | Date: 2006-07-03 10:11 | IP: IP Logged

Yes, sure, but sometimes I'd like to see the vars, just to kill unused.

#66 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2223) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-07-03 13:01 | IP: IP Logged

I found a problem

#67 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2223) English

Posted by: Stefan Ritt | Date: 2006-10-16 14:19 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,

for PSPad 2223 it is written

"Code explorer for VHDL"

but if I try it, I get "Not implemented for this file type".

I got however the VHDL syntax highlighting correctly. The vhdl.ini says

CodeExplorer=ftUnknown

am I missing any plug-in or something else?

Thanks for any support,

Stefan

#68 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2223) English

Posted by: MrSpock | Date: 2006-10-16 16:29 | IP: IP Logged

Settings -> User highlighters -> VHDL -> Select ftVHDL instead of ftUnknown from Drop-down list.

#69 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2223) English

Posted by: Stefan Ritt | Date: 2006-10-16 19:03 | IP: IP Logged

Thanks, that helped grinning smiley

I'm missing however some functionality. The ftVHDL Code explorer shows Libraries, Architectures and Entities, I would like however also to get processes and signals. I know how to program C/C++ and am willing to contribute. Is there some quick information on how to extend a Code explorer?

Best regards,

Stefan

#70 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2223) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-10-16 19:16 | IP: IP Logged

Stefan Ritt:
Thanks, that helped grinning smiley

I'm missing however some functionality. The ftVHDL Code explorer shows Libraries, Architectures and Entities, I would like however also to get processes and signals. I know how to program C/C++ and am willing to contribute. Is there some quick information on how to extend a Code explorer?

Best regards,

Stefan

Again and again. I don't know all programming languages. I am depending of information uses give me. Code explorer for VHDL is exactly as I got information aout it.
If you want to expand it, send me source sample and explanation what should be added.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR