You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 5.5.1 (783) English

PSPad unicode 5.5.1 (783) English

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 Next

#1 PSPad unicode 5.5.1 (783) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2023-03-26 13:26 | IP: IP Logged

Download links, 32b version is suggested:
pspad.poradna.net
www.fosshub.com
PSPad 64 bit version is EXPERIMENTAL. It doesn't contains scripting yet.
pspad.poradna.net

SHA1 hash:
5b4436809fc4c05fbcc89ca69456b8e29d19b50d pspad551b783.zip
a12c2d0bf387b7023d1fc4a944b216245f7d82c9 pspad551b783x64.zip

This archive contains modified files only. The correct way how to get full functionality:
1. Download and install latest full version first!
2. Replace existing files with content of archive

Changes to 5.5.1 (779)

News:
Skin support is back in 32b version
Reformat HTML/XML calls Code Explorer refresh

Fixes:
Export formated text (menu Edit) doesn't export background color
LineEnd problem on the end of the file
Other fixes reported by users

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PSPad unicode 5.5.1 (783) English

Posted by: Freeman | Date: 2023-03-27 17:03 | IP: IP Logged

Thank you for the build.

Little notice: ChatGPT was made by company named OpenAI ← in one word. Being written with a whitespace, it looks like “(do) open AI (of) ChatGPT”. I've tried to find corresponding string in translation file with no success.

#3 Re: PSPad unicode 5.5.1 (783) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2023-03-27 18:16 | IP: IP Logged

I will fix it.

#4 Re: PSPad unicode 5.5.1 (783) English

Posted by: tmpad | Date: 2023-03-27 19:39 | IP: IP Logged

In the "English discussion forum" you wrote about the "Chinese characters issue":

Quote:
Yesterday I made another changes what can cause this problem. It will be available in the next developer build

I think it could help to know what was changed so we can look out for situations where it should not occur anymore.

#5 Re: PSPad unicode 5.5.1 (783) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2023-03-27 20:19 | IP: IP Logged

What I know:
I happened when you load file.
Most of the cases was related to the PHP highlighter and FTP, often when standalone close bracket was in file.

I made some fixes in hihglighters, I made some fixes in IDE to prevent flickering e.t.c.

#6 Export formated textsh

Posted by: Greg | Date: 2023-03-27 21:40 | IP: IP Logged

Export formated text works nicely. Thank you again.

#7 Re: PSPad unicode 5.5.1 (783) English

Posted by: Ravelli | Date: 2023-03-30 11:48 | IP: IP Logged

Today I'm looking into compiling PHP files directly from PSPad, because it should be faster than switching to the web browser every time.

A) The "Compiler Example" for PHP in your Help file isn't up-to-date. This is working for me:

Compiler: drive:\path\php.exe
Parameters: "%File%"
[X] Capture Program Output Window
[X] Compile on background
LOG parser: *on line %L

So, quotation marks added and the "b" removed.
Here a Screenshot

B) In your "Highlighter Settings" under "Compiler" I don't understand the difference between "Capture Program Output Window" and "Compile on background", where the second one isn't explained in the Help file - maybe you can add it.

But I found, that with "Compile on background" enabled PSPad shows a little feedback in the console: "Process completed, Exit Code 0. Execution time: 00:00.072". This is great, because with "Compile on background" disabled the console remains totally blank. So I added it also to my compiler example above.

C) In your "Highlighter Settings" under "Log Parser" one can see six variables listed. In your Help file under "Compiler Settings" %S and %E aren't explained. Maybe you can add those, and explain what "%E/end parsing" is good for - maybe with an example.

More to come.
Friendly greetings
Ravelli

#8 Re: PSPad unicode 5.5.1 (783) English

Posted by: Ravelli | Date: 2023-03-30 12:59 | IP: IP Logged

about A) above: "With Compile on background" enabled I get all the printed text into the PSPad console, e.g. from "echo" commands, which is usually the entire HTML of a website. And this can be a lot, and will disturb in the log console. So, it might be better to keep "Compile on background" disabled for the "Compiler example", although this isn't a good way still, because console remains blank after compiling without any error.

So, I suggest this as new compiler example:

Compiler: drive:\path\php.exe
Parameters: "%File%"
[X] Capture Program Output Window
LOG parser: *on line %L

Question: Which program is generating the output "Process completed, Exit Code 0. Execution time: 00:00.072"? Is this from PSPad or the compiler? Screenshot

#9 Re: PSPad unicode 5.5.1 (783) English

Posted by: Ravelli | Date: 2023-03-30 13:11 | IP: IP Logged

p.s.: forget it, even with "Compile on background" it outputs all echos. Whatever I select there, the result isn't usable. It is the same with compiling Java, as we discussed a while back. I suggest to either remove this entire compiling section from PSPad, or get it finally working.

Friendly greetings
Ravelli

#10 Re: PSPad unicode 5.5.1 (783) English

Posted by: Ravelli | Date: 2023-03-30 15:03 | IP: IP Logged

This is a nasty bug:
When I type a "x" somewhere into a new line of PHP code and wait a moment to get the Autocomplete window popping up, the compile button becomes disabled/inactive in the moment, when I remove the Autocomplete window again, e.g. by clicking with mouse into code, hitting Enter or ESC.
To activate the button again, I have to open "Highlight Settings" once and close the window again.
Apparently this happens only, when the PHP file is using the "HTML multihighligther". In this case, the button should be either always enabled, always disabled, or when hit a window should pop up giving instructions on what to do.

I will send you a short video via email clip documenting it.

Btw: For "HTML multihighligther" the proper English spelling would be "HTML Multi-Highlighter".

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR