Posted by: pspad | Date: 2022-04-02 17:32 | IP: IP Logged
This archive contains modified files only. The correct way how to get full functionality:
1. Download and install latest full version first!
2. Replace existing files with content of archive
Changes to 5.0.7 (727)
Autohotkey Code explorer shows hotkey labels too (#char:
Automatic unicode composition (Special settings) is made with clipboard paste and save file too.
User convertors allows you to define delimiter character for lists. In the section [Settings] as DelimiterChar=|. Pipe is used as default, even variable isn't present.
possibility to disable triple and quadruple click behavior in program settings / Direct edit button as TripleClick=0
Refuse open big file dialog with PSPad start caused exception
Open file from FTP with path longer than 260 chars - handled exception
Perl highlighter caused app freeze if file contains #00 char
Other fixes reported by users
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-05 13:40 by pspad.
Posted by: tmpad | Date: 2022-04-03 07:25 | IP: IP Logged
First of all, thank you for the new version.
Posted by: pspad | Date: 2022-04-03 08:19 | IP: IP Logged
I still looking for a reason.
Posted by: LouCypher | Date: 2022-04-03 14:50 | IP: IP Logged
Hello Jan, just a short question regarding the randomly injected garbage data: Are you able to reproduce this problem or have at least seen it yourself meanwhile?
Posted by: pspad | Date: 2022-04-03 15:09 | IP: IP Logged
I meet it about month ago. I tried everything what I got from users, but I wasn't able simulate it.
Posted by: LouCypher | Date: 2022-04-03 15:27 | IP: IP Logged
Ok Jan, so you have seen it, but it is not reproducable. I'm not able to safely reproduce it either. There are many weeks where I'm not seeing this issue at all and then out of a sudden it happens many times every day. My impression is, that there are some PSPad users who are seeing this problem much more often than others. If I can be of any help to track this problem down please let me know. For example I would happily install some special PSPad build - maybe with constant trace output into a file and send you traces when I'm seeing this problem again. And I'm pretty sure that there are other experienced PSPad users within this forum who would be glad to join the hunt for this problem as well.
Posted by: LouCypher | Date: 2022-04-03 16:03 | IP: IP Logged
I'm just thinking that you can trust your community. You're providing a wonderful source code editor and many of your users are experienced software developers as well who know about the problem of finding an annoying bug which is not reproducable. So I'm sure that many of us will help there as good as we can.
Posted by: tertius | Date: 2022-04-03 16:20 | IP: IP Logged
I also encounter the issue of rarely getting garbage characters inserted into the pspad editor window as well as being saved in the text file (I assume they have shown up in the editor in this case), but extremely rare. I don't have a clue how to reproduce. I simply terminate pspad, reopen the file, and it will never happen again for some weeks.
Pspad doesn't crash, so I'm unable to create crash reports for these.
May be you could add some button to create some kind of memory allocation dump we can send to you, if that helps debugging the issue.
Posted by: tmpad | Date: 2022-04-03 19:02 | IP: IP Logged
I experienced the problem again today and tried to reproduce the situation. I'm now able to force the problem to happen in many attempts!
When it happens, it always happens on a line with only a curly brace and leading blanks. Nothing else in the line, just the blanks and the "}". The file itself is appx. 1100 lines in total.
I found the characters using "Text Diff with active tab" from the file tabs panel. It can happen with both files compared. Even if a file hasn't been changed for months. Just loaded into the editor to compare it.
I just now compared two unchanged files loaded from disk and had "chinese" characters in the left file. I correct it and saved the file. No "chinese" characters in the right file. I closed both files, openend them again and now I had "chinese" characters in the right file!
Posted by: PaulPic | Date: 2022-04-22 14:38 | IP: IP Logged
Oh, I know this, too. It happens very infrequent to me and never twice. AFAICR it strikes very big files (MB size). I will keep an eye on it now that I know it is from PSPad. Next time I'll try to track it down with git.