You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (629) English

PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (629) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next

#21 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (629) English

Posted by: MadCompie | Date: 2021-05-18 14:24 | IP: IP Logged

Hello again...

No more exceptions here! Thumbs up!

Thx for the speedy solution.

but unfortunately I have 2 new (small) issues...

1) FTP connections lost? Open file from FTP...do some changes...save (ctrl+S)...
the file is not anymore saved back to FTP? I must go to the remote directory and explicitely choosing "save as to ftp". This worked well in the other versions.

2) I open 5 files = 5 tabs
In the older versions:
- activate file 2 (click on tab 2)
- activate file 4 (click on tab 4)
- close file 4 --> file 2 is activated = ok

In the new version
- activate file 2 (click on tab 2)
- activate file 4 (click on tab 4)
- close file 4 --> file 3 is activated = not file 2 anymore !
seems like after closing a tab, always the last tab is activated and not thez last ACTIVATED tab?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-18 14:28 by MadCompie.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#22 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (629) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-05-18 14:32 | IP: IP Logged

I didn't make changes in FTP. If you use TSL/SSL connection, 2 open SSL libraries must be present, they are different (but same name) for 64b and 32b version

Regards to tabs, you are right. I made universal procedure for file close and forgot to LastUsed files and LastUsed order option.

#23 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (629) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-05-18 15:03 | IP: IP Logged

Activate next proper window after close one was fixed.

#24 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (629) English

Posted by: MadCompie | Date: 2021-05-18 15:07 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Jan,
I don't use SSL, just plain FTP.
When using version 5.0.5 (561) files are saved backed to FTP with Ctrl+S but since the newer version 5.0.7 (625) not anymore...

#25 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (629) English

Posted by: MadCompie | Date: 2021-05-18 15:22 | IP: IP Logged

MadCompie:
Hi Jan,
When using version 5.0.5 (561) files are saved backed to FTP with Ctrl+S but since the newer version 5.0.7 (625) not anymore...

Nevermind Jan, I tried from version 561 all the versions until your 634 and the problem seems now to be auto-solved... it saves again to FTP!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-18 15:22 by MadCompie.

#26 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (629) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-05-18 15:30 | IP: IP Logged

MadCompie:
MadCompie:
Hi Jan,

Nevermind Jan, I tried from version 561 all the versions until your 634 and the problem seems now to be auto-solved... it saves again to FTP!

Thank you for info. Important for me are now exceptions and "strange chars"

#27 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (629) English

Posted by: MadCompie | Date: 2021-05-19 07:11 | IP: IP Logged

Day 2... good news... so far no more exceptions, everything stable!

I also found the cause of my FTP saving problem. With the latest versions a file is not marked as "changed" anymore when it has been changed by an external program.
Practically, I open 2 files, send them to "diffmerge" (to compare) and after doing some changes + saving in "diffmerge", PSPad detects the change and asks to load again... the changes are ok after the reload BUT the file is not marked as "changed"... and no changes also means no save :(
When I enter a single char and delete it again, the file is marked as "changed" and I can save it back to FTP.

#28 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (629) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-05-19 07:42 | IP: IP Logged

When you reload file, if the fact it isn't changed, because the file is same as it's image on the disk.
I can intentionally mark the file as "modified" after reload, but I am not sure, if it is correct.

#29 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (629) English

Posted by: MadCompie | Date: 2021-05-19 08:12 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
When you reload file, if the fact it isn't changed, because the file is same as it's image on the disk.
I can intentionally mark the file as "modified" after reload, but I am not sure, if it is correct.

If I replace simply one character, PSPad does not detect the change (same file size, I suppose it is not easy to detect a single replacement as a file change...?)
But in my case there really was a change in file size (text added) so the "changed" indicator in the file tab should be visible?

#30 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (629) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-05-19 10:09 | IP: IP Logged

PSpad detect more things than simply size, e.g. last change. But there must be some second between you change it and activate PSpad. Detection is done when you activate PSpad window.

But we are talking about 2 different things.
You changed document on the background, PSpad inform you document was changed and ask you to reload it. When you reload it, it's same as you close and open it again - in this moment document isn't changed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-19 10:11 by pspad.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR