You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2417) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2417) English

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

#1 PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2417) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2011-03-14 18:55 | IP: IP Logged

Download links (1.9 MB):
pspad.siliconhill.cz
pspad.cincura.net

Notes on PSPad update versions:
7ZIP archiv contains PSPad.EXE and language files only. Unpack it with subfolders and replace existing files from the last full release

Changes to 4.5.5 (2415)

News
FoxPro - new code explorer
File backup into designated folde includes drive letter
Code explorer trims redundant spaces
Autocomplete is case sensitive now
HTML5 support - added missing tags
menu Edit / Conversion - items was changed to actions. You can assign shortcuts, use conversion in scripts

Fixes:
handled exception in Highlighter settings
fixed Tcl/Tk variable highlight
fixed File tabs draw
Autocomplete works only if PSPad is active
work directory release when PSpad is minimized to tray

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2417) English

Posted by: PGomersall | Date: 2011-03-14 19:24 | IP: IP Logged

Jan,
The folder handle issue (work directory release when PSpad is minimized to tray) is still present in 2417.
W7 x64 Ent
Pete

#3 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2417) English

Posted by: PGomersall | Date: 2011-03-14 20:27 | IP: IP Logged

Jan,
I did more testing this handle lock only seemed to be present the first time I ran 2417. Maybe it was just a glitch. Opening and closing PSPad a few more time I now cannot replicate the issue.
Pete

#4 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2417) English

Posted by: PGomersall | Date: 2011-03-15 03:06 | IP: IP Logged

Sorry Jan for multiple posts, but I have done several tests now on multiple systems - the working directory release is inconsistent upon minimizing to the system tray after the document is closed. It sometimes release and not others. I cannot work out any pattern.
Pete

#5 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2417) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2011-03-15 04:35 | IP: IP Logged

I will try to make some investigation

#6 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2417) English

Posted by: tyzio | Date: 2011-03-15 08:12 | IP: IP Logged

Jan, thanks for the new build. I checked the TCL/TK issues which I reported previously, and they work fine except code browser for classes. I don't see classes tree in code browser.sad smiley
Anyhow, I really appreciate the work which you did to make PsPad Tcl friendlysmiling smiley

#7 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2417) English

Posted by: RickH | Date: 2011-03-15 13:44 | IP: IP Logged

Still having the "File contents were changed. Reload?" issue with network files when returning to PSPad from another application after saving a file. Which is something I may do several times a minute when styling a web page, for instance.

I think the last version without the problem was 2411.

Is there perhaps something in the settings I'm missing?

#8 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2417) English

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2011-03-15 17:08 | IP: IP Logged

RickH:
Still having the "File contents were changed. Reload?" issue with network files when returning to PSPad from another application after saving a file. Which is something I may do several times a minute when styling a web page, for instance.

I think the last version without the problem was 2411.

Is there perhaps something in the settings I'm missing?

Well,
there is quite a dangerous "solution" to this there in
Settings: Direct edit: [Special settings]
CheckDocChanges=0
default is CheckDocChanges=1

with this check disabled, you have to ensure, that your file won't be modified from outside while it is open in PSPad, otherwise these changes would be lost as PSPad would directly save the internally available older file content.

hth,
vbr

#9 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2417) English

Posted by: RickH | Date: 2011-03-15 17:46 | IP: IP Logged

Good enough. That's no problem for me, as I'm the only one working on the network. Which solely exists to have a "real" webserver for development/testing purposes. (XAMPP, et al go only so far.)

I was getting (somewhat) used to it, but the alert was still driving me nuts. Thanks.

#10 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2417) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2011-03-15 19:48 | IP: IP Logged

RickH:
Good enough. That's no problem for me, as I'm the only one working on the network. Which solely exists to have a "real" webserver for development/testing purposes. (XAMPP, et al go only so far.)

I was getting (somewhat) used to it, but the alert was still driving me nuts. Thanks.

Are you able to exactly describe your network? I can try to simulate it on NAS with SAMBA. There can be problem if network drive will return different timestamp when you save file and when you read it again.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR