You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2315) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2315) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

#21 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2315) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2008-04-03 05:25 | IP: IP Logged

HL:
It seems that Ctrl-R does set the file to read only instead of rereading it (2309 was still OK)

Ctrl+R in default is Reload file.
I can guess you in the past remap this function to change attribute and don't overwrite old files with new build, but unpack it into new folder.

If you overwrite old files, you prevent your PSPad configuration.

If you unpack this build into new folder, you have 1/10 of PSPad functionality, because builds in the developer forum contain changed files only.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#22 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2315) English

Posted by: Aparan | Date: 2008-04-03 06:24 | IP: IP Logged

When copy / pasting XML/HTML content (complete source code) into a new unsaved document, PSPad almost always shows an exception dialog. This has been happening to me from very early builds (in stable builds also) and is one of major grudges I have from this excellent text editor (which I have not abandoned even after crashes that cause data loss sometimes). Please look into this bug.

Thanks.

Access violation deleted. Please send this as mail to {support at PSPad .c_om}

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-03 16:57 by Stefan.

#23 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2315) English

Posted by: StuartHemming | Date: 2008-04-03 09:10 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
For expanding / collapsing works left/right arow.
You ned to switch off button "Go to source" first

Thanks Jan

#24 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2315) English

Posted by: StuartHemming | Date: 2008-04-03 09:12 | IP: IP Logged

Jan,

StuartHemming:
Was delighted to see that there is now a C# code explorer. Sadly, it is confused by visual studio's "# region" directives.

Any thoughts on this?

#25 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2315) English

Posted by: StuartHemming | Date: 2008-04-03 09:27 | IP: IP Logged

More C# Code explorer issues.

It is valid to declare a private method without using the private keyword ...

private void method1() {
// A valid private method
}

void method2() {
// Another valid private method
}

The Code Explorer doesn't show those defined without the private keyword.

The explorer don't pick up property definitions either.

If you want I can send you a couple of C# files that you can use for testing.

--
Stuart

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-03 09:50 by StuartHemming.

#26 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2315) English

Posted by: HL | Date: 2008-04-04 06:18 | IP: IP Logged

[quote=pspad]
[quote=HL]
It seems that Ctrl-R does set the file to read only instead of rereading it (2309 was still OK)
[/quote]

This is not the case, but the problem does not occur in all cases. I'll write again when I have a reproducible scenario

#27 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2315) English

Posted by: Bart | Date: 2008-04-05 22:17 | IP: IP Logged

I never used the Projects option of PSPad but now i'm studing it and it seems to be a good thing smiling smiley
But what I'm missing is a Task/ ToDo option per project. This would make projects much more usefull. Here are some samples about Task/ ToDo/ project plugins of other editors:
anjuta.sourceforge.net
anjuta.sourceforge.net
alexandredasilva.wordpress.com
f.simplesideias.com.br

A history in projects would be nice to that just marked the last x chaged files of a project.

--
Karamba!
Bart.

www.systeme.familie-redlich.de

#28 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2315) English

Posted by: MarkRH | Date: 2008-04-09 02:24 | IP: IP Logged

Just wanted to mention that I too was experiencing a massive slow load time with this version until I deleted (renamed) the pspad.ini file. The program now loads much, much faster even with multiple large files, one of which had 88,000 lines in it. It is behaving much faster than the past several versions, even with the settings back to the way I had them, as best I could remember them.

If you want a copy of my old pspad.ini file I can send it you.

Keep up the great work!
Mark H.

--
Mark H.

#29 Bug with scrolling and colors

Posted by: simbabque | Date: 2008-04-09 07:25 | IP: IP Logged

The following just happened to me:
I have the code explorer and the color selector window on the right side of the screen. There is no tool panel.

When I click on the code explorer and then try to scroll with the mouse wheel, everything is fine. If there is nothing to scroll, it dosn't scroll. If I now click on the text and scroll, it scrolls the text. If I click on a color in the color selector window and scroll, it moves the selection in the color selector window up and down.
But if I now click on the text and scroll, it moves the color selector window selection as well as the text.
I guess there might be something wrong with the color objects losing their focus.

It's not a big bug, but it's sort of strange seeing the name/code and the color in the lower right of the screen change while I move around in my text.

edit: why did I think that thing was called color picker? o.O

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-09 07:28 by simbabque.

#30 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2315) English

Posted by: hankejh | Date: 2008-04-09 13:42 | IP: IP Logged

MarkRH:
Just wanted to mention that I too was experiencing a massive slow load time with this version until I deleted (renamed) the pspad.ini file. The program now loads much, much faster even with multiple large files, one of which had 88,000 lines in it. It is behaving much faster than the past several versions, even with the settings back to the way I had them, as best I could remember them.

Hi MarkRH,

Did you notice any improvement with screen painting after renaming your pspad.ini? I just upgraded to 2315 from 2278 (which was working without any issues for me) and while I did not experience slow loading (even from an SFtpDrive mounted volume), when I switch between applications and then back to PSPad, the screen paints very slow. Screen rendering was instant with 2278.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR