You are here: PSPad forum > Bug report / Hlášení chyb > Re: Unwanted and sudden converting to strange characters

Re: Unwanted and sudden converting to strange characters

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

#21 Re: Unwanted and sudden converting to strange characters

Posted by: LukasKriz | Date: 2020-07-24 07:48 | IP: IP Logged

Mě se to stává také. Píšu PL-SQL, FTP nepoužívám. Soubory (velikost obvykle kolem 40 kB) jsou na lokálním disku. Windows 10. Kódovou stránku používám zpravidla 1250, někdy 65001. Formát DOS. Občas se to tam objeví, ale příčinu jsem zatím nezachytil a to už používám PSPad 15 let. sad smiley Ale přijde mi to že to vznikne při hromadném nahrazování pomocí regulárních výrazů.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#22 Re: Unwanted and sudden converting to strange characters

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2020-07-27 22:10 | IP: IP Logged

Translated by Google:

Quote:
It happens to me too. I write PL-SQL, I don't use FTP. The files (usually around 40 KB) are on the local hard drive. Windows 10. I usually use code page 1250, sometimes 65001. DOS format. Sometimes it appears there, but I have not yet identified the cause and have been using PSPad for 15 years. sad smiley face But I remember that this happens through mass replacement with regular expressions.

#23 Re: Unwanted and sudden converting to strange characters

Posted by: syntech | Date: 2020-07-28 07:02 | IP: IP Logged

Aaaaaaaaaand I got it again! sad smileyangry smiley

That means, deactivating the 3 mentioned parameters and 'fixing' the negative color values in PSPad.ini does not help!

Here's a screenshot from the diff. The right window shows what it should be (open bracket, as usual) and the left window shows the garbage which is in the file now. I've found out that some of the crap PSPad embeddes unasked is coming from PSPad.ini, some other parts are from the source file itself from random places, like the e( zw ) is coming from a function call prn_txtmode( zw );.

This is what PSPad shows:

Quote:
杀Χ {

The rest of the line (around 200 chars) I cannot paste?!?

What I did?
- loaded two files (Unix format, C/C++ Highlighter, ANSI 1252, 10115 rows) from outside PSPad via command line arguments (as I always do)
- searched in both files for the same place in the code to make some changes
- double clicked a word to select it and hit CTRL-V to replace the word with onother word. I did this in both files.
- saved both files with CTRL-S
- found out that one of the files (the one I opened last and saved first) has again crap in it!

To me this looks like a memory issue (@jan: is using address sanitizer or something similar possible?)

edit: anything from row 2583 on the left side is INTEDED difference!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-28 07:04 by syntech.

#24 Re: Unwanted and sudden converting to strange characters

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-07-28 07:12 | IP: IP Logged

What tool windows was active in PSPad?
Have you used Ctrl+Space - clips, code completion, syntax checks or other tools?

#25 Re: Unwanted and sudden converting to strange characters

Posted by: syntech | Date: 2020-07-28 07:14 | IP: IP Logged

This is not funny anymore...

I replaced some curly brackets and the garbage, saved the file. Made a diff to check it and know what? Again different garbage on a differenct location in the same file as before! angry smileyangry smileyangry smileyangry smiley

#26 Re: Unwanted and sudden converting to strange characters

Posted by: syntech | Date: 2020-07-28 07:17 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
What tool windows was active in PSPad?
Have you used Ctrl+Space - clips, code completion, syntax checks or other tools?

No to all of this.

Only double click to select a word. And CTRL-V to paste my change. I did the same in both files. And CTRL-S to save both files. What I found out is that it usually is one ONE file that is affected. Other files I'm working with are ok. I _THINK_ the corrupted file is always the rightmost in the tab, but I'm not 100% sure. BTW tabs, I only have two tabs open with the files I mentioned. Usuaylly I have tons of tabs open.

edit: can it be that checks are done in the background? Of course, syntax highlighting is always on.

edit2: it seems that in both cases the garbage started with "杀Χ {". IN case it matters...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-28 07:20 by syntech.

#27 Re: Unwanted and sudden converting to strange characters

Posted by: syntech | Date: 2020-07-28 07:54 | IP: IP Logged

More info (with the same two files):
- saved the file in the right tab without making any changes with CTRL-S
- saved the file in the left tab without making any changes with CTRL-S
- left-clicked again on the right tab and right-clicked on the left tab to open the context menu to start a diff via external tool

Compared the content and AGAIN garbage in the file in the right tab, the file I saved first. This time PSPad replaced an else and the garbage is also different (as always).

edit: restarting PSPad and doing the same nothing bad happened.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-28 07:58 by syntech.

#28 Re: Unwanted and sudden converting to strange characters

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2020-07-28 15:43 | IP: IP Logged

I also use an external diff tool - WinMerge.

#29 Re: Unwanted and sudden converting to strange characters

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-07-28 16:38 | IP: IP Logged

Ok. We have common trace. Is there anybody who has a problem and don't use external text diff tool?

#30 Re: Unwanted and sudden converting to strange characters

Posted by: syntech | Date: 2020-07-29 06:59 | IP: IP Logged

In posting #27 I did not use the diff tool. But it could be that PSPad was already memory-corrupted from the earlier usage of the external diff tool...

edit: on the the other hand I'm more than sure that the issue already happens before the diff tool is called. >IF< the problem comes from this area, then it must be the saving routine wich is called before the diff tool is called. Because the diff tool aready gets the corrupted file.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-29 07:02 by syntech.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR