You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2303) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2303) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 Next

#21 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2303) English

Posted by: Jocho | Date: 2008-02-19 17:45 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Jan !
Your logSetTypeMmo and logSetTypeList are great, thanks very much smiling smiley
A logSetParserExpr and log will be perfect.

Just a remark: if log line contains "error" and "errors", the line is not marked as error.

Jo

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#22 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2303) English

Posted by: jgodfrey | Date: 2008-02-19 20:01 | IP: IP Logged

Using 2303 (though I doubt it's a new issue), bracket matching doesn't work properly under certain circumstances (using the Tcl programming language).

For instance, the following is legitimate (though admittedly contrived) code:

proc test {args} {
array set test {a \"hello\" b \"goodbye\"}
}

... but PSPad's bracket matching fails on this procedure, as it seems to be confused by brace at the end of the 2nd line, which is preceded by a double-quote. I'm guessing that's viewed as being within a quoted string, so it's ignored?

Anyway, the brace at the end of line #1 should match with the brace on line #3. The braces on line #2 should match each other.

Can this be fixed? I use PSPad's bracket matching within a script designed to select an entire procedure and copy it to the clipboard. In a case like the above, the procedure doesn't work properly because bracket matching fails to do the right thing.

Thanks,

Jeff

#23 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2303) English

Posted by: nfree | Date: 2008-02-20 01:11 | IP: IP Logged

I wanted to say Nelson's case
In this build , text-size has been changed ...
smaller then before .

#24 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2303) English

Posted by: Gamesh | Date: 2008-02-20 07:09 | IP: IP Logged

there is some strange behaviour with hotkey code insertation.

if i have

<select name="user_id" multiple="true">
<option value=""></option>
</select>

And try to insert some code, for example shift+ctrl+space
inside the value="[here]".

the code then transformse to:

<select name="user_id" multiple="true">
&nbsp; <option value=""></option>
</select>

as you can see the &nbsp; jums to the start line, and sometimes the </select> tag is simply deleted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-20 07:09 by Gamesh.

#25 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2303) English

Posted by: Patrik | Date: 2008-02-20 07:11 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,
strange behavior of last build. In XML file in commented part, on empty line there is grey box, if you show hidden characters and then hide them again, linebreak character remains here.
I'm not sure how to add pictures to this forum, but if necessary I can send you an email.

Regards
Patrik

#26 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2303) English

Posted by: kaaposc | Date: 2008-02-20 09:47 | IP: IP Logged

Patrik:
In XML file in commented part, on empty line there is grey box, if you show hidden characters and then hide them again, linebreak character remains here.

Hi all,

This strange behaviour is with Auto indent mode, when on new line editor gives you automatic indent. It also gives you some artifact (not selectable, not deletable, just a visual artifact) in the first character place right after indent. Typing anything there clears that artifact.

The same effect you can get if you switch applications - in that case artifact shows small fragment from that other application. Mouse wheel scrolling also tends to show artifact - character from same column 3 rows above (my mouse scrolls 3 rows)...

I could not tell if it is tied to any filetype (highlighting), but it works (effect visible) with PHP files, but does not (no artifacts) in Text files.

A little bit annoying but it does not affect my coding speed smiling smiley

Thanks for this build, waiting for next!

#27 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2303) English

Posted by: Joey | Date: 2008-02-20 14:18 | IP: IP Logged

Confirm. When in xthml multihighlighter mode, there remain trash characters on the screen on pressing Enter. They form a column one character wide. When pspad window is mini/maximized, each time the trash is different. The characters are only on the screen, not in the code actually.

Had to go back to the previous build.

Regards to Jan and all PSPADLOVERS!
Joey

#28 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2303) English

Posted by: Nelson | Date: 2008-02-21 03:37 | IP: IP Logged

Joey:
Confirm. When in xthml multihighlighter mode, there remain trash characters on the screen on pressing Enter. They form a column one character wide. When pspad window is mini/maximized, each time the trash is different. The characters are only on the screen, not in the code actually.

Had to go back to the previous build.

Regards to Jan and all PSPADLOVERS!
Joey

Confirm. I also had these "trash characters".
But if I scroll the scrollbar or move cursor through these lines, the "trash characters" disappear.

#29 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2303) English

Posted by: muthukrish_2000 | Date: 2008-02-25 04:55 | IP: IP Logged

When i open a Perl file i used to see some unknown characters like p, h and _ all in many part of the code.When i open the same file in notepad i am not seeing any such characters.

Similarly when i open *.dat file (which actually contains text), if i select some 10 lines, i am unable to select all 10 Lines only some lines getting selected and inbetween some lines are not selecting.sad smiley

#30 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2303) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2008-02-25 16:17 | IP: IP Logged

jgodfrey:
Using 2303 (though I doubt it's a new issue), bracket matching doesn't work properly under certain circumstances (using the Tcl programming language).

For instance, the following is legitimate (though admittedly contrived) code:

proc test {args} {
array set test {a \"hello\" b \"goodbye\"}
}

... but PSPad's bracket matching fails on this procedure, as it seems to be confused by brace at the end of the 2nd line, which is preceded by a double-quote. I'm guessing that's viewed as being within a quoted string, so it's ignored?

Anyway, the brace at the end of line #1 should match with the brace on line #3. The braces on line #2 should match each other.

Can this be fixed? I use PSPad's bracket matching within a script designed to select an entire procedure and copy it to the clipboard. In a case like the above, the procedure doesn't work properly because bracket matching fails to do the right thing.

Thanks,

Jeff

Tcl/Tk highlighter doesn't work with escaped strings. Corrected.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR