You are here: PSPad forum > Bug report / Hlášení chyb > Line replaced by gibberish characters / Nesmyslné znaky nahrazují řádek

Line replaced by gibberish characters / Nesmyslné znaky nahrazují řádek

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next

#11 Re: Line replaced by gibberish characters / Nesmyslné znaky nahrazují řádek

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-07-31 04:16 | IP: IP Logged

Gorlash:
This just happened to me again... I had the following lines in a batch file:

::cd %PLUTO%\tools
bdaddr.exe
start "" autoit_command.bat

I added the two colons in the cd line, and saved. After the save was complete, the line contained the following; I'm including it as an image, because I was not able to copy/paste the actual text - I think they must be characters that Firefox does not understand...

www.flickr.com

I am using PsPad build 2658 on Win7/64-bit

Do you use batch files in UTF-8 encoded?

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#12 Re: Line replaced by gibberish characters / Nesmyslné znaky nahrazují řádek

Posted by: Gorlash | Date: 2015-07-31 18:19 | IP: IP Logged

not intentionally; most of our batch files have been created by other team members, who don't use Unicode editors.

also, I've more typically seen this occur in C files, which would not be Unicode.

#13 Re: Line replaced by gibberish characters / Nesmyslné znaky nahrazují řádek

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-07-31 19:40 | IP: IP Logged

Are you able to simulate this behavior?
Understand me, I need as much details as I need.
Code page of this batch?
Can you send me your file before it occured?

#14 Re: Line replaced by gibberish characters / Nesmyslné znaky nahrazují řádek

Posted by: Gorlash | Date: 2015-08-01 00:50 | IP: IP Logged

Unfortunately, I've never figured out how to reproduce this!! That drives me *nuts* ...
I've *never* actually seen the bad characters get injected, I'll just notice them a few seconds later. Here is the batch file that had the problem most recently.
I had inserted the two colons before the 'cd' line, then noticed the corrupted characters a few seconds later... I know that this doesn't give you much to go on, but I've just never been able to actually catch it happening... I also don't know exactly what keys I touched around that time... sad smiley

@echo off
::Change the path variables below as per your folder structure
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::set PLUTO=C:\pluto
::Change this COM Port value to the COM port of your Pluto Debug board
set PLUTO_COM_PORT=49
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

if %PLUTO_COM_PORT% == 0 (echo COM Port Error! Please edit this file in any text editor and change the value of PLUTO_COM_PORT=0 on Line#6 to the COM port number of Pluto Debug board
pause
exit
)

::cd %PLUTO%\tools
bdaddr.exe
start "" autoit_command.bat
start "" dbg_img.cmd vc_reader_test.elf
echo Halt DPU
pause
start "" run_img.cmd vc_reader_test.elf
echo Ready to Flash...
pause
fw2flash %PLUTO_COM_PORT%

#15 Re: Line replaced by gibberish characters / Nesmyslné znaky nahrazují řádek

Posted by: Gorlash | Date: 2015-08-03 23:35 | IP: IP Logged

BTW, my code page is 437; took me awhile to figure out how to see this!!

#16 Re: Line replaced by gibberish characters / Nesmyslné znaky nahrazují řádek

Posted by: Macari | Date: 2015-10-30 10:45 | IP: IP Logged

I can't read the topic and found this with google. I have the same problem and create here a report: forum.pspad.com

I aware of this problem since ~2 years. (sorry for not report this, but I can't reproduce it) I working with pspad for many many years and I like it, so I not change the editor... but that bug is very critical for me. I working daily hours with pspad and I can't longer ignore this risk for my files.

#17 Re: Line replaced by gibberish characters / Nesmyslné znaky nahrazují řádek

Posted by: Freeman | Date: 2015-10-31 13:58 | IP: IP Logged

Working with batch files, you have to save them in OEM encoding. Bat files are legacy format from DOS, still uses OEM encoding.

Older versions of PSPad have a bug with OEM characters save, now fixed (since build 2656).

ANSI encodings don't contain pseudographic characters, being oriented to GUI with normal graphics. When you try save a file with pseudographics to ANSI, Windows replaces all non-ANSI characters. This is default system behavior.

#18 Re: Line replaced by gibberish characters / Nesmyslné znaky nahrazují řádek

Posted by: Macari | Date: 2015-11-05 09:11 | IP: IP Logged

I do not know to whom you are replying, but I use utf8 and that bug not replace any characters, its insert a FF00 to beginning of the line. I can save the file 100 times and nothing happen and *pang* for 101 its damage that file with FF00. Maybe here is a memory leak that affect the problem very random. I have pspad open for days and working with it for days and many hours per day.

#19 Re: Line replaced by gibberish characters / Nesmyslné znaky nahrazují řádek

Posted by: ks1 | Date: 2016-02-12 17:24 | IP: IP Logged

I've had this same problem and it's been driving me crazy!
The latest version is worse. I had to back up to version 4.5.9 (2600) for it to be slightly better, but it still randomly happens.
PLEASE someone fix this! If this continues to happen, we'll have to change editors. We can't have editors randomly inserting invalid code.
This is scary.

#20 Re: Line replaced by gibberish characters / Nesmyslné znaky nahrazují řádek

Posted by: ChipsNSalsa | Date: 2016-04-26 17:46 | IP: IP Logged

A user just reported an error to me in a script file, of which I have over 1000 of as part of an application, and I found similar gibberish characters in the script file. ÿ (Hex 00FF) was the first character of the gibberish, so I decided to search all of my script files for ÿ. I found three occurrences in three different files. I know what the original lines contained from a file history I keep, so I will indicate the lines and changes in Hex.

Original line

09 20 20 45 6E 64 49 46

had become

FF 00 20 45 3F 3F 49 46

Original line

09 45 6E 64 49 66

had become

FF 00 6E 64 3F 3F

Original line

09 45 6E 64 56 61 72

had become

FF 00 6E 64 3F 3F 72

My encoding is set to ANSI. In all three cases I'm sure I edited some other line or lines in the file and saved the file, but the above changed lines were not edited as they are simple "EndIf" and "EndVar" lines.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR