You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Search with tabs in searchfield, odd behaviour.

Re: Search with tabs in searchfield, odd behaviour.

#1 Search with tabs in searchfield, odd behaviour.

Posted by: e5frog | Date: 2020-08-25 18:35 | IP: IP Logged

Great program for me programming for the Fairchild F8 processor.

I have program settings Editor (part 2) set to "Real Tabs" - as I want tabs I can quickly skip forward on with arrow keys instead of needing several key presses. In case that matters.

When copying a part of the code, usually containing "tab, syntax, tab, operand/s" then copying it for a search or replace operation the appearance of copied text is odd.
Instead of the double arrow appearance (>> as one character) of tab as shown when viewing hidden characters it's shown as a circle placed at about mid height.
The copied characters aren't showing properly as long as search window is active and it's extremely hard to edit anything in the search/replace box. If clicking on the desktop for example with the search box visible it looks completely normal. As soon as the "Find" text field is active - it's acting up.

The pull-down history list in the search window shows all earlier searches perfectly fine.

Is there anything I can do except replacing all tabs with spaces in the entire code document? Have looked, couldn't find anything useful.
I only have this problem when tab characters are involved.

I took a few explaining pictures.
1. drive.google.com
2. drive.google.com
3. drive.google.com
4. drive.google.com
5. drive.google.com

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Search with tabs in searchfield, odd behaviour.

Posted by: e5frog | Date: 2020-08-25 20:44 | IP: IP Logged

Thought I had tried everything but either of these actions solved the problem.

Uninstalling the latest software I installed and messing with character conversion seems to have solved this odd problem.

Not PSPad's fault.

#3 Re: Search with tabs in searchfield, odd behaviour.

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-08-26 05:54 | IP: IP Logged

I am glad for your message.
In the search/replace dialog is standard Windows Control - ComboBox.
I have near no influence of the content handling, drawing e.t.c.
There is no special handling of drawing used for the content.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR