You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > PsPad processes user highlighter incorrectly

PsPad processes user highlighter incorrectly

#1 PsPad processes user highlighter incorrectly

Posted by: rovf | Date: 2020-08-13 09:57 | IP: IP Logged

I have made a fresh installation of PsPad (5.0.3) and activated for my file the User Highlighter for "Ruby" which comes with the distribution, as is shown in the screenshot:

image ibb.co

As we see, the keyword 'def' is highlighted correctly, but the keyword 'end' is not. I first thought that it is an error in the definition of the highlighter, but both (def and end) are defined as keywords there, as we can see here:

image ibb.co

My Highlighter settings are shown here:

image ibb.co

--
Ronald Fischer (Germany)

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PsPad processes user highlighter incorrectly

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-08-14 03:58 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

Look at your highlighter definition under the keywords list.
Yo umarked keywords as case sensitive, your end is as "END" in the list, but as "end" in your code.
Fix your highlighter or unmark keywords as case sensitive in the highlighter definition.

#3 Re: PsPad processes user highlighter incorrectly

Posted by: rovf | Date: 2020-08-14 06:58 | IP: IP Logged

If you look at the screenshot of the highlighter keywords, you see that both 'end' and 'END' are in the list, so this can't be the problem.

--
Ronald Fischer (Germany)

#4 Re: PsPad processes user highlighter incorrectly

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-08-14 14:20 | IP: IP Logged

I just tested it with current 5.0.4 build with default ruby highlighter. The result:

#5 Re: PsPad processes user highlighter incorrectly

Posted by: rovf | Date: 2020-08-17 09:53 | IP: IP Logged

Could you post a link to the image you refering to? I see only the word "image" being displayed, but not the image itself.

--
Ronald Fischer (Germany)

#6 Re: PsPad processes user highlighter incorrectly

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-08-17 09:58 | IP: IP Logged

#7 Re: PsPad processes user highlighter incorrectly

Posted by: rovf | Date: 2020-08-17 10:26 | IP: IP Logged

OK, I'll give it a try and update to 5.0.4

--
Ronald Fischer (Germany)

#8 Re: PsPad processes user highlighter incorrectly

Posted by: rovf | Date: 2020-08-26 10:10 | IP: IP Logged

I have installed 5.0.4 (build 521). The bug is still here: The keyword "end" (and also the keyword "begin") is not recognized by the Highlighter, thought the statusline says that the Ruby highlighter is active. You can see a screenshot here:

ibb.co

As for the way I did the installation: Since the instructions say that I have to unpack the 5.0.4 zip file over an existing installation, I first copied my 5.0.3 installation over to a new directory, and extracted the 5.0.4 file into this directory, then startet pspad.

I have made a backup of the configuration (zip file). I don't know whether this includes the highlighter settings, but if it does, I could send it to you so you can reproduce the problem.

--
Ronald Fischer (Germany)

#9 Re: PsPad processes user highlighter incorrectly

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-08-26 10:56 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

I did the same example like you.
Do you have the default Ruby.ini file in the syntax subfolder?

ctrlv.cz

#10 Re: PsPad processes user highlighter incorrectly

Posted by: rovf | Date: 2020-08-28 07:49 | IP: IP Logged

It's the same one as the one from the version 5.03. I don't know whether it is the original one. Its MD5 is

a270c233e9f2fc37023826b8fd9e37ac

I just checked: The ZIP-file for 5.04 does not contain a Syntax/Ruby.INI file, and since I installed the version by first copying my 5.03 version, and then just replace the new files by what's in pspad504b521x64.zip, of course I see now the Ruby.INI from the 5.03 version, and it is clear that the bug still is here.

Could you provide for download a PSPad ZIP file which includes this syntax file?

--
Ronald Fischer (Germany)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-28 07:52 by rovf.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR