Posted by: MASH73 | Date: 2023-08-28 13:45 | IP: IP Logged
using PSPad 5.5.1 (790).
After using "Search / Replace in files..." all opened documents are blank and no longer editable, same for new opened files and even new blank files.
The linenumbers disappear as well
Is this a known issue ?
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-28 13:46 by MASH73.
Posted by: Ravelli | Date: 2023-08-28 14:54 | IP: IP Logged
I'm using this feature pretty often on different kind of source code and log files, but never experienced this issue. I stress-test it right now by searching in more than 11000 project files and also in a certain folder - all fine. When I open a found file from the file search results, I don't have the little triangle in file tab as shown in your screenshot (indicating file is not saved).
Are you in 32 or 64 bit PSPad?
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-28 14:55 by Ravelli.
Posted by: pspad | Date: 2023-08-28 15:00 | IP: IP Logged
Can you tell me more about original placement of your files? Any shared folder (One drive, Google drive)?
Posted by: MASH73 | Date: 2023-08-28 19:46 | IP: IP Logged
OneDrive for Business but also outside like c:\temp with really few files in a folder structure.
I tested that on 3 different devices with the same result.
Windows 10 and Windows 11, PSPad 32-bit.
Posted by: MASH73 | Date: 2023-09-02 13:57 | IP: IP Logged
I was able to find out what causes the issue.
Since I'm using PSPad I regularly update to the latest beta.
Since I never overwrote the file PSPad.ini there seems to be wrong entries now
causing the Search / Replace in files
Steps to reproduce:
download and extract pspad.poradna.net
download PSPad.ini from drive.google.com
and save it in the root of PSPad
try Search / Replace in files (I searched in C:\Temp for "test")