You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (717) English

Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (717) English

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

#1 PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (717) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-12-05 18:10 | IP: IP Logged

Download links:
www.fosshub.com
pspad.poradna.net
PSPad 64 bit version doesn't contains scripting yet.
pspad.poradna.net

SHA1 hash:
25e69052bc35ae819e806915ce9adad4ecc6dcde pspad507b717.zip
b3a472bf0f37cc826d4a6297dfa86a26075c7c52 pspad507b717x64.zip

This archive contains modified files only. The correct way how to get full functionality:
1. Download and install latest full version first!
2. Replace existing files with content of archive

Changes to 5.0.7 (715)

News:
New function in File tab context menu - Open file folder in Explorer

Fixes:
Highlight of the selection occurences wasn't repainted after change of the selection
Matching token highlight with missing matching token
Create menu Help content based on the Online.ini file
CrLf was always added when file was saved
Shift+Down, Shift+PgDown on the last line will include last line into selection
Unwanted Autoindent after Enter when cursor was on the first column
Change char case in the selected column block
Other fixes reported by users

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (717) English

Posted by: PGomersall | Date: 2021-12-06 01:29 | IP: IP Logged

Jan,
Issues with tab been hidden in previous versions are fixed.
Issues with modifying online.ini also fixed. Interestingly opening the file still changes its encoding to ansi Western European though. Not sure if this is important.
Regards

#3 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (717) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-12-06 05:30 | IP: IP Logged

If you want, you can save Online.INI in UTF-8 BOM
If there is no accented chars or chars from the upper part of ASCII table, all code page are same and PSpad uses your system CP or your "favourite" CP.

#4 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (717) English

Posted by: Ravelli | Date: 2021-12-11 13:42 | IP: IP Logged

Nonsense stored into INI file
After editing several INI files of a web server, the server did not run. It turned out, that one modified INI file contained some nonsense characters, as you can see in this screenshot. The unedited file does not contain it, so PSPad has added it. There was no access violation before when editing this file.

#5 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (717) English

Posted by: tmpad | Date: 2021-12-11 15:26 | IP: IP Logged

There are several reports about strange or Chinese characters:forum.pspad.com forum.pspad.com forum.pspad.com

I think I first had the problem more than two years ago. I still can not link it to a specific activity. What I observed:

I had it with files that I hadn't edited and which worked properly, i.e. the interpreter did not complain.
I often had/found the problem when using text diff with active tab or a selected file from the harddisk.
The problem is always in one single line. Looks like a string is read or written beyond the end.

#6 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (717) English

Posted by: tmpad | Date: 2021-12-12 08:06 | IP: IP Logged

Issues with the Tool Panel and entry settings. The relevant settings for the entry are:

Path: path_to_script_language_interpreter
Default Directory: %Dir%
Parameters: %File%
[X] Save All Files Before Compilation
[X] Capture Program Output Window
[X] Hide Output window

1) While the interpreter is running, switching to another file does not update the status bar. It always shows the values of %File%.

2) When "Capture Program Output Window" is deactivated at start, the "Default Directory" is not set/used. The script language interpreter complains about a missing file which is actually present in %Dir%.
You have to activate "Capture Program Output Window" and use the entry once. Then %Dir% is used even if "Capture Program Output Window" is disabled again.

3) When changing the UI language, the Tool Panel Favourites entries, i.e. Files, Directories, WWW, etc., are not updated.

4) In the Project Tree, the last character of the project name is cut off.

#7 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (717) English

Posted by: Ravelli | Date: 2021-12-18 16:57 | IP: IP Logged

Macros Not Being Stored
Today I recorded a macro for the first time. Just a simple string replacement. After recording the macro, it asked me for a macro name. The entered macro name appeared then in this little floater, when you hit the icon with the glasses. Executing this macro from this list did not work, same by hitting F5. The macro is not listed in the Macro Manager and neither stored as file in the /macro/ directory. If I record another macro, the first ones name gets replaced with the second, but the rest is like before. Apparently my macros never got stored. Here a screenshot.

#8 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (717) English

Posted by: tmtisfree | Date: 2021-12-19 09:56 | IP: IP Logged

Some issues :

- Code folding is not restored at launch time when files previously used are auto reopened.
- The last used tab is not restored either.
- If "Code folding support" is unchecked in Settings, "Code indent guides" and "Folded lines hint marks" should be grayed out. (Ideally indent guides should be independent of code folding, it's a real help alone.)
- The "Auto hide Left Gutter" does not work when applied in Settings if "Line Numbers" (from the "View" menu) is active/displayed.
- If the saved main window height is reduced from the bottom, when using "Search/Replace in Files" it is auto resized to its previous/saved height when the "Log Window" appears, which is really annoying.
- Also when the main window is full height (not necessary full screen), showing the "Log Window" while playing with the minimum height of the file panel in the "Code Explorer window" increase the main window height whit its bottom now off screen, making it impossible to resize properly without moving it (black is virtual screen captured by XnView):

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-19 10:00 by tmtisfree.

#9 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (717) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-12-19 15:35 | IP: IP Logged

Quote:
Code folding is not restored at launch time when files previously used are auto reopened.

I don't understand. Your file has no code folding when is reopen with PSpad start? In my version is, maybe I accidentally fixed it.

Quote:
The last used tab is not restored either.

Fixed

Quote:
If "Code folding support" is unchecked in Settings, "Code indent guides" and "Folded lines hint marks" should be grayed out. (Ideally indent guides should be independent of code folding, it's a real help alone.)

Guides are part of code folding. But grayed of options has sense.

Quote:
The "Auto hide Left Gutter" does not work when applied in Settings if "Line Numbers" (from the "View" menu) is active/displayed.

Numbers are displayed in the left gutter. Combination of visible line numbers and hidden gutter has no sense. If numbers are visible, left gutter must be visible too

Quote:
- If the saved main window height is reduced from the bottom, when using "Search/Replace in Files" it is auto resized to its previous/saved height when the "Log Window" appears, which is really annoying.
- Also when the main window is full height (not necessary full screen), showing the "Log Window" while playing with the minimum height of the file panel in the "Code Explorer window" increase the main window height whit its bottom now off screen, making it impossible to resize properly without moving it (black is virtual screen captured by XnView):

File panel has some minimal size to have sense have it visible. You decreased main window height to this minimal size. Then you called search in files, what force display search result. Cause isn't possible to decrease size of file panel, the only way is increase main window to display log window.
What do you offer as solution of this situation?

I wasn't able to simulate situation from your screenshot.

#10 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (717) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-12-19 15:46 | IP: IP Logged

Ravelli:
Macros Not Being Stored
Today I recorded a macro for the first time. Just a simple string replacement. After recording the macro, it asked me for a macro name. The entered macro name appeared then in this little floater, when you hit the icon with the glasses. Executing this macro from this list did not work, same by hitting F5. The macro is not listed in the Macro Manager and neither stored as file in the /macro/ directory. If I record another macro, the first ones name gets replaced with the second, but the rest is like before. Apparently my macros never got stored. Here a screenshot.

Hello
Please ensure, that in the Program settings / System integration option Use multi user environment is enabled if PSpad is in Program files folder (you need to run PSpad as admin to grant rights write this option there).
This option causes write all settings into user profile indstead of the PSPad folder (in the fact, unchecked means portable mode)

If PSpad is in program files folder, without this option PSPad has no right to write any options of files like macros.

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR