You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (687) English

PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (687) English

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

#1 PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (687) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-10-05 11:08 | IP: IP Logged

Download links:
www.fosshub.com
pspad.poradna.net
PSPad 64 bit version doesn't contains scripting yet.
pspad.poradna.net

SHA1 hash:
b65501597f3158cd9faa096540252554bb25032a pspad507b687.zip
30be7a2c90ea2f7791324b61a9c7e0e66d47073c pspad507b687x64.zip

This archive contains modified files only. The correct way how to get full functionality:
1. Download and install latest full version first!
2. Replace existing files with content of archive

Changes to 5.0.7 (681)

News:
Compiled in new Delphi 11
ASCII chart changes encoding acording to used code page of window (not for unicode encodings) when you click on the status bar

Fixes:
Find dialog - COPY button doesn't open new document when used more times
Assignment of external application when you open file using Open Dialog (Ctrl+O)
Internal WWW preview take care of DPI when you use size presets
Text operation in splitted window
Other fixes reported by users

Known issues:
UNDO with real tabs after autoindent

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (687) English

Posted by: swbrains | Date: 2021-10-08 18:58 | IP: IP Logged

When I do a search across files, the search in files results tab lists multiple files that have matches. However, it not only shows the correct line number of the one instance in that file, it also shows ",1" in the line number area. For example, I search across files for text that has only one occurrence in one file on line 10. The result shows as:

10,1: matching text

Another odd thing is that if multiple results are generated -- that is, the search text appears in multiple files, the results in multiple files are each listed with their respective line numbers (including the extraneous ",1"). However, if I double-click a result line, the cursor in the editor jumps to the correct line number from that instance, but it does so in the current file being viewed only. That is, it won't open or change to the file containing the instance I clicked on:

(file "abc.pl" is the current open file/tab in the editor)

C:\Source\abc.pl
148,1: matching line from abc.pl

C:\Source\def.pl
258,1: matching line from def.pl

In this example above, if I have abc.pl open in the editor and double-click the result line for 258,1 in def.pl, it tries to jump to line 248 in the currently open file, "abc.pl"

#3 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (687) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-10-08 19:08 | IP: IP Logged

Problem with click in the file result was already reported, will be fixed in the next build.

Numbers in the file result are line:column

#4 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (687) English

Posted by: Ravelli | Date: 2021-10-11 17:41 | IP: IP Logged

Hi everybody
here some issues I noticed:

Updated LSL Files
I updated the syntax file for LSL (Linden Scripting Language). Feel free to put them into the next release. I would love to also define the conext file, but I don't know how to do that yet. Any suggestions? Files (I already sent you this via email in the past, but I think that email got returned).

Subfolder in Codeviewer
My code explorer is showing a subfolder. It gets produced by the interaction of two PHP functions. The first function just echos FORM tags - the second contains a line with an URL, which is not commented out. Screenshot, Files

Non Folding PHP Functions
Code folder does not fold PHP two certain functions in a PHP file. It seems to be caused by the brackets in the else block. If I remove those, folding works correct. Screenshot, Files

Word-Wrap and Word Selection
When I select a string, all occurances of this string in the same file should be highlighted. This does not work when Word-wrap is enabled. Screenshot, Files

Moving Bookmarks
When I set a red bookmark to the first word in line n, set cursor at the end of this line, and hit Enter to add a line-break, the bookmark moves into line n+1. To my understanding it should remain in line n, if line-break was initiated behind bookmark position of the same line. It even fails, when I set cursor to character 0 of the next line. Files

Word Wrap Ghosting
When a line is ending on ").", and the word-wrappings happens between those characters, there will be shown two dots. Screenshot, Files

Unknown PHP Return Type Mixed
With PHP 8.0 there was a new return type introduced: mixed. The PHP highlighter should show this bold. Screenshot, Files, Reference

Bad Background on Toolbar Folders
Selected folder in toolbar: The blue background, which indicates the selection, is broken or intersected into 3 parts. There seems to be the thin border missing above and below the folder name, and vertical borders between folder icon and folder name should be removed, also the additional one behind the name. Screenshot

Issues I have not documented yet:
- when counting a particular string in a server log file, it sometimes(!) shows a wrong result (one less), but a correct one when searching again. Probably under certain circumstances, which I have not found out yet.
- double-clicking a line in in-file search result, this line becomes all white and unreadable (font switches to white).
- double-clicking a line in in-file search result opens the file. When I close this file, and double-click again a search result for this file, it does not open again. Instead, it just jumps to the line in a different file, which was still open.

Friendly greetings
Ravelli

#5 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (687) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-10-11 18:10 | IP: IP Logged

Thank you for feedback. I will work on it.
Some can be fixed easyly, some points needs lot of work.

#6 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (687) English

Posted by: Ravelli | Date: 2021-10-12 14:37 | IP: IP Logged

Ahoy Jan

PSPad was running fine since the update. I can't remember any crash. But today I got two so far. The first I sent to you via Email. Here the second:

Access Violation
I started a new instance of PSP, then dropped two PHP files one by one in to open them. Then I clicked the tab of the first file. In this moment the access violation came up. Unfortunately, a small additional window in the front made it impossible to reach the window with the MAIL LOG button. So I took a screenshot. Interestingly, both windows show a different address. On hitting OK on the small window, such small windows kept popping up, so I had to kill the PSP process via Task Manager.

Friendly greetings
Ravelli

#7 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (687) English

Posted by: Ravelli | Date: 2021-10-12 19:52 | IP: IP Logged

Text Editor Has Stopped Working
On clicking the Help menu, PSP crashed. Instead of the common access violation window, I just got a tiny window saying 'Text editor has stopped working' (just in German), and a button to close the program. Before crashing, PSpad was just idle in the background for maybe one hour. Occasionally, I had the same kind of crash with previous versions, so I doubt it is related to new compiler. Screenshot

#8 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (687) English

Posted by: maxshop | Date: 2021-10-13 14:02 | IP: IP Logged

Hello,

I had two text files open, and tried to close one of them by double-clicking the tab, but received an exception

Exception description:

Access violation at address in module 'PSPad.exe'. Read of address .

Exception class:
Exception address:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stack list, generated 10/13/2021 09:57:31
Thank you for your support and the time to report this!
But please don't put such logs into the forum. (See forum.pspad.com)
Send them to the author Jan by mail. For mail address see PSPad > Help > About
Jan has gotten this forum post by mail too, nothing is lost by deleting this list here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Program : C:\Program Files (x86)\PSPad editor\PSPad.exe 5.0.7 (687)
System : Windows 10 Professional x64, Version: 10.0, Build: 4A63,
Processor: Intel, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4600U CPU @ 2.10GHz, 2690 MHz MMX
Display : 1920x1080 pixels, 32 bpp PPI: 120
Skin : Windows
Active Controls Hierarchy:
TPSSynEdit ""
TfChildEdit ""

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-15 07:48 by Stefan.

#9 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (687) English

Posted by: tmpad | Date: 2021-10-14 07:14 | IP: IP Logged

Jumping from a text diff window to the source text does not work.
Except when the target file is not already open.

#10 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (687) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-10-14 07:33 | IP: IP Logged

It's already reported and fixed. Wait for next build please

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR