You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 5.0.4 (407) English

PSPad unicode 5.0.4 (407) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3

#21 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.4 (407) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-05-27 07:02 | IP: IP Logged

MadCompie:
pspad:
Have you changed file content to influence of filesize? Cause as I remember, I can ask fize of FTP objekt, but not the datetime.

Hi Jan,

Small update on my problem : it was probibly a coincidence...
Good news : the file change detection using FTP files still works with the new version! And the issue has nothing to do with FTP...

When I change a text "ABC" into "012345", PSPad does detect a file change = OK.
But probably what I encountered (and confused me) was changing a text "ABC" into "XYZ" : the contents are indeed different but the SIZE remain the same, so : no file change...
Perhaps that could be a solution : maintaining some kind of a hash of the file?

I wrote it before. I am able to reguest file size of FTP object, but I am not able to get hash or something like this. To check file change from FTP is necessary download and parse file list of all open file folders or donwload again all open files and compare content (calculate current hash with downloaded file hash). I don't consider as useable.
For the local files I am able to check size and file stamp, but not for files from FTP

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#22 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.4 (407) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-05-27 11:04 | IP: IP Logged

naputtelija:
- Program saves top and left coordinates on close but does not use them when launching. Tested on three different PCs

Fixed. Available in the next build

#23 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.4 (407) English

Posted by: MadCompie | Date: 2020-05-27 14:48 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
For the local files I am able to check size and file stamp, but not for files from FTP

Extending file size check with a timestamp check (for local files!) is very fine for me, thx! And indeed there is no purpose to do this through FTP.

#24 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.4 (407) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-05-27 15:21 | IP: IP Logged

MadCompie:
pspad:

Extending file size check with a timestamp check (for local files!) is very fine for me, thx! And indeed there is no purpose to do this through FTP.

There is, cause if you open file from FTP, you need to check changes against FTP file, not against local copy.

#25 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.4 (407) English

Posted by: Professor Bernd | Date: 2020-05-27 19:01 | IP: IP Logged

Loading of user highlighter colors does not work anymore

I have created a thread on the topic.

And by the way, is it possible that the server clock is wrong? winking smiley I posted this post at 21:01.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-27 19:02 by Professor Bernd.

#26 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.4 (407) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-05-28 03:46 | IP: IP Logged

Replayd with explanation in your new thread.

#27 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.4 (407) English

Posted by: Gabriel_ACE | Date: 2020-05-31 00:39 | IP: IP Logged

Hi!!

new Spanish translation

forum.pspad.com

Best Regards!

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR