You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2349) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2349) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 Next

#11 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2349) English

Posted by: hamasaki | Date: 2009-04-21 21:03 | IP: IP Logged

Thanks for adding the Lorem Ipsum option Jan. smiling smiley

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#12 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2349) English

Posted by: tobias1985 | Date: 2009-04-22 08:09 | IP: IP Logged

hankejh:
No.

Please try this forum's search feature before posting. You'll find no shortage of discussion on code folding.

OK, I see. There is a interesting new topic, where pspad didn't answer yet.
forum.pspad.com

So, is there now a chance to see this in early future?
If not, it would be very sad to look for an other editor. sad smiley

#13 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2349) English

Posted by: clanman | Date: 2009-04-22 22:31 | IP: IP Logged

There is a minor VBScript key word recognition issue.

When splitting a line across two lines and you put a space then underscore ( _) after the last key word then all works fine.

However, if you are doing something like anIfclause and the condition has multipleor, and, not(and so on) junctions and there is no space left between the underscore and the junction, PSPad does not recognise the key word.

This example works
If strCode = "A" or _
strCode = "B" Then
bolDeleteFile = false
End If

This code is still valid however theoris not recognised as a key word
If strCode = "A" or_
strCode = "B" Then
bolDeleteFile = false
End If

#14 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2349) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2009-04-23 04:40 | IP: IP Logged

There are 2 possibilities:
1. underscore isn't used in VBScript keywords - when I remove it from keywordchars, PSPad wil lhighlight it correctly
2. VBScript is benevolent and ignore some cases

#15 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2349) English

Posted by: clanman | Date: 2009-04-23 22:15 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
There are 2 possibilities:
1. underscore isn't used in VBScript keywords - when I remove it from keywordchars, PSPad wil lhighlight it correctly
2. VBScript is benevolent and ignore some cases

I am sorry Jan however I do not quite understand the second response. It is not a problem with VBScript recognising or dealing with the code, it is simply a highlighting issue (and a very minor one at that) in PSPad when a space is not put between the key word and the underscore.

I think 1 will be the answer.

#16 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2349) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2009-04-24 04:04 | IP: IP Logged

I watn to say:

If undescore isn't used in VBScript keywords, i can simply modify highlighter and fix this problem.
If undescore is used in VBScript keywords, it's a problem, because there isn't simple way how to fix it.

#17 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2349) English

Posted by: Joe Belmaati | Date: 2009-04-24 09:50 | IP: IP Logged

Dear Jan,

the smarty highlighter is somehow still missing with this build as it was with 2346.

#18 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2349) English

Posted by: kiendlm | Date: 2009-04-27 09:28 | IP: IP Logged

I accidentally found a little issue in pspad regarding the file encoding (I'm using build 2349 on Windows XP SP3):

* Create a new file of any type
* Go to the Format menu and select "UTF-16 LE" to convert it to unicode
* now open any ANSI file, e.g. the pspad.ini or create a new file using the "File/New" menu item in order to use an existing template.

PSPad will treat the lastly opened or newly created ANSI file as if it was a utf-16 encoded file and only show a pile of asian characters (funny, but a little bit difficult to read when you in fact want to work on a C++ source file... grinning smiley). The only way to get it back to normal behaviour is to select "ANSI" in the Format menu and to reopen the second file. Now this is really not a big problem since pspad does not crash and can be easily reset to normal behaviour, but I would consider it more intuitive if PSPad always defaults to ANSI encoding when it can't figure out the real encoding of a file being opened or when creating a new one instead of using the last encoding selected in the Format menu, which seems to be the current behaviour. It would be fine if you could think of changing this with the next build.

P.S.: Thanks for this great piece of software which I and my colleagues use daily, Jan, and keep up the good work!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-04-27 09:30 by kiendlm.

#19 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2349) English

Posted by: clanman | Date: 2009-04-28 03:23 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
I watn to say:

If undescore isn't used in VBScript keywords, i can simply modify highlighter and fix this problem.
If undescore is used in VBScript keywords, it's a problem, because there isn't simple way how to fix it.

As far as I can determine, the only place VBScript uses the underscore in any inbuilt language segment is within the Class structure.

Here it usesClass_initializeandClass_Terminateas built in procedure names for classes.

However, this does not stop someone from say creating procedure or variable names with underscores.

Jan, as said this is a minor issue and I leave the change/no change up to your best judgement.

#20 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2349) English

Posted by: jan.sedivy | Date: 2009-04-29 21:11 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Jan,
It's really great work you did. I had started using it recently and I am fighting some old habits...
Would it be possible to modify the selectionMode function to return the current mode, if called with no parameter ?
It allow me (and other users smiling smiley ) to build a simple toggleSelMode script executed by a singe HotKey.
And second, the Search and Replace dialogs remember the Direction last selected by the user, but its lost, when the replace dialog is called with block of text selected.
As there is no difference in block replace with Direction Forward and Entire Scope, would it be possible to preserve the Direction option when called on selected text ?

Thanx,
Jan

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR