You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2314) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2314) English

Goto Page: 1 2 3 Next

#1 PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2314) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2008-03-25 20:13 | IP: IP Logged

Download links (1.7 MB):
pspad.siliconhill.cz
pspad.cincura.net

Notes on PSPad update versions:
this CAB archive contains PSPad.EXE and language files only. Unpack it with subfolders and replace existing files from the last full release

Changes to 4.5.4 (2309)

News
Project settings - new options for storing project files only and use absolute paths in project file
Code explorer - added support for Windows Power Shell
Log type List - added horizontal ScrollBar
Added support for multimedial keyboards and additional mouse buttons. Supported commands: Next, Previous, Open, Close, Find, Help, New, Open, Save, Print, Undo, Redo, Spell, Cut, Copy, Paste, Record
Perl highlighter - new keywords
Script menu - open scrip source with both mouse button click instead Shift+Click
Copy to Clipboard (Ctrl+C) works in tree items too (Project e.t.c.)
Updated icon files

Corrections
Char fragments in combination with AutoIndent and real tabs
Code explorer for C#
Print Preview - file from FTP shows local path in header
SpellCheck settings - exception if Autocorrect file was locked by external application
VBScript highlighter - EndIf was highlighted as keyword
URL click
Find dialog - Tabs was replaced with spaces in Copy and List functions
Incremental search and Find Next/Previous works with last Find dialog settings
HTML reformat

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2314) English

Posted by: Zappa | Date: 2008-03-25 23:35 | IP: IP Logged

First, sorry about my bad English.
Second, my problem with 2314: It takes very long to load. For testing purposes I took 10 language files (*.ini) of PSPad, all ~50k. PSP loads the first file, than rebuilds the window, loads the second, rebuilds the window ... and so on. The whole procedure needs more than 10 seconds until the last file is loaded.

FYI: WinXP SP3 German

ZAP

#3 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2314) English

Posted by: ok1 | Date: 2008-03-25 23:46 | IP: IP Logged

I am now seeing slow load itmes with this new release. Upgraded from 4.5.4 2309 and for example the load time for a log file I open (approx 11,900 lines) went from less than 1 second to 5 seconds. Don't have any fancy macros set up as I mainly use PSPad as "simple" editor because I do very little coding (systems administration mainly).

I backed up the PSPad program directory before upgrade (simple copy and paste) and when I swap back to that version the load times go back.

Note this is not a complaint, it is a great program smiling smiley.

#4 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2314) English

Posted by: muthukrish_2000 | Date: 2008-03-26 06:32 | IP: IP Logged

My Problem is when i open a text file which contains more than 10000 lines then it's taking a long time to open it(More than 5Sec). But in older version(Build 2309) the same file opening in less than a second.sad smiley

#5 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2314) English

Posted by: kiendlm | Date: 2008-03-26 06:53 | IP: IP Logged

ok1:
I am now seeing slow load itmes with this new release. Upgraded from 4.5.4 2309 and for example the load time for a log file I open (approx 11,900 lines) went from less than 1 second to 5 seconds. Don't have any fancy macros set up as I mainly use PSPad as "simple" editor because I do very little coding (systems administration mainly).

I confirm this problem. File load times are significantly slower with the new release.

ok1:
Note this is not a complaint, it is a great program smiling smiley.

That's also my opinion. Keep up the great work, Jan. smiling smiley

#6 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2314) English

Posted by: dideldei | Date: 2008-03-26 07:00 | IP: IP Logged

I agree to the previous poster, but in my case I am still using 2303. The slow down came with 2308. Loading projects and switching between documents ist definitely much slower than with 2303.

I love the program and I hope you find the bottleneck and you can fix it.

#7 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2314) English

Posted by: Anonymous User | Date: 2008-03-26 07:43 | IP: IP Logged

This is strange - I haven't noticed any significant slowdown in the last versions, including 2314, no matter how many or big files/projects I open. Perhaps this has to do with my configuration.

#8 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2314) English

Posted by: Zappa | Date: 2008-03-26 08:02 | IP: IP Logged

Zappa:
For testing purposes I took 10 language files (*.ini) of PSPad, all ~50k. PSP loads the first file, than rebuilds the window, loads the second, rebuilds the window ... and so on. The whole procedure needs more than 10 seconds until the last file is loaded.

Deleted PSPad.INI to start from fresh, loading time to be on the decrease, but is still ~ 5 sec for those 10 little files.

ZAP

#9 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2314) English

Posted by: andybridges | Date: 2008-03-26 08:46 | IP: IP Logged

Yay! Death to Char fragments!

Thanks for this latest release Jan. I'm particularly keen to start using that absolute paths stuff.

Also: hey - Sessions! Nice.

#10 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2314) English

Posted by: molinarm | Date: 2008-03-26 10:54 | IP: IP Logged

I confirm that this version is much much slower (in the order of 20/30 times slower) than the former one when opening a set of files, in my configuration.

I have to say that my PC doesn't perform very well, on the average.

I see PSPad making a lot of CPU activity while opening a project (i.e., a set of, say, 10 C files).

I had to switch back to beta 2309. sad smiley

Regards,
Mario Molinari

Goto Page: 1 2 3 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR