You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2269) English

Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2269) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next

#21 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2269) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2007-07-22 07:29 | IP: IP Logged

Joël:
Hi Jan,
Thanks for this new version.
The "problem" with syntax highlighting in LaTeX formulas is still there, for example $x^2$ is not highlighted and should be, but if preceded by a parenthesis like ($x^2$) it becomes highlighted... It behaves as if highlighting was defined as ($...$) instead of $...$. I would be happy if it could be fixed in the next version !
I had sometimes problems with version 2265, pspad crashing when I was simply typing text (maybe at the moment when an automatic backup was done). If it occurs again with 2269 I will try to isolate the error so that it could be reproduced and send you a report.
Have a nice weekend,
Joël

I need a confirmation, becaue some users tell me, that formulas are enclosed by ($...$) in the LaTex.
What is the correct information?

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#22 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2269) English

Posted by: holger | Date: 2007-07-22 13:04 | IP: IP Logged

whacker:
Code folding is not only for functions but also for very long and big IFs and SWITCHes.

So far there's nothing new about. I'm afraid that Codefolding needs another editor engine and if, reprogramming PSPad will take lot of time... therefore first should be a stable Version. And if done, Codefolding have to be able to lookup in Language settings for special Keywords. I guess best way would be to enlarge languagedefinitions for Code-Explorer till it's doing nearby all, a Codefolding needs. Then add Codefolding using the same definitions.
How ever, I'm not the programmer and this is no Discussionforum.
I think this is not done within next releases. Further, the dangerous of inconsistent programmversions is very high, if everything is true I am expected here!
Who cannot wait have to use "Notepad++" as second editor...

#23 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2269) English

Posted by: microalps | Date: 2007-07-22 15:23 | IP: IP Logged

I have come across an interesting bug in the built in FTP client. I have one directory on my server with many files in the format of [0-9]{9}.xml. Date ranges between Apr. 2007 and July 2007. These files are created on an hourly basis, so you can only imagine how many files there are. I get, however, with PSPad, some files named [0-9]{3}.xml with outrageous dates such as 1901 and 2094 and everything in between. FileZilla does not have such an issue, so it's obviously a bug in the PSPad parser. What additional information can I provide that can assist with debugging this issue? Should I provide a log of a tcp/ip sniffer?

#24 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2269) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2007-07-22 15:44 | IP: IP Logged

Display FTP Log (Cltr+L), connect to your FTP, press LIST button on the left site of the LOG and send me result as the TXT file atachment via mail.
I need only list of files, you can delete everything around.

#25 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2269) English

Posted by: dgelle1 | Date: 2007-07-23 12:17 | IP: IP Logged

I think a vim implementation of this feature is very useful. One defines a foldable block by a set of open and close characters. In my case, {{{ opens and }}} closes. This makes it easy, simply put the brackets in a comment for your language and poof, a fold anywhere you want it.

I don't know how difficult this type of folding would be to implement, but I sure love it. My code looks like a story when it is all folded up (even in perl!)

-Dwayne

>>> Holger Biehl <''.phorum_html_encode('betaforum@pspad.com').''> 7/21/2007 2:11 PM >>>
whacker:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hate to say this but when can we have the code block expand and collapse? I
think this is a feature long overdue and should be given a very high priority
over other features.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't need codefolding when the Code-Explorer works correct. A function to
find next upper/lower bound of current codeblock would be enough for me and
could be made language indepentant.
PSPad knows already a lot of Languages, which one is "high priority"???

I think here is the bug forum and here comes some
(repeat list):
The new Version highlights labels for Progress.
Thanks Jan...winking smiley
But it only highlight them if they are in the first or second Column.

Further a "do:" and a "repeat:" is also highlighted as Label.

Code-Explorer still cuts Procedure and Function Names at a "-".

Highlightning of multiline Strings is not correct:
(example)
d = "ab
c"

(Progress is able to include Files and give them Preprocessing-Parameters in
Form:
{y/incl/y__prt00.if
&Firm = "Firm"
&ReferenzNr = "ReferenzNr"
&BufKopf = "Buffertable"
&Optional = "find Buffer2
/* even within a Comment: complete Text is referred to the Include as it is
between Brackets */
of Buffertable"
}
where "&Optional" could be a unspecified optional search in the Include to
manipulate the result.
Surely, if that findstatement would be longer this is unreadable within one line
strings.

Preprocessorstatements are still not highlighted
begins with { ends with } (Multiline).

And as surely remarked once:
For Progress including Includes and commenting Comments is possible and not
correct highlighted.

I don't know that much other Languages, but I need PSPad for Progress. Maybe
it's easier to make a new Codeparser/Highlighter for it???

These are things of "high priority" for me and some of these things are surely
the same in other languages.

Jan, please first finish your next stable release.
Please have a look what you can do for me after that.
I know that highlightning is not easy to handle with that much languages...

--
forum.pspad.com
PSPad freeware editor www.pspad.com

#26 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2269) English

Posted by: holger | Date: 2007-07-23 14:56 | IP: IP Logged

Hey, I know that I'm the bad guy, already.
Have a look at Notepad++ its not able to Codefold every language.... first PSPad should be ready for this! (And Code-Explorer is doing almost the same)
As Tip for Jan:
Notepad++ uses easily some .xml files to control the different languages.... winking smiley

#27 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2269) English

Posted by: ujr | Date: 2007-07-24 08:58 | IP: IP Logged

Hi -

pspad:
I need a confirmation, becaue some users tell me, that formulas are enclosed by ($...$) in the LaTex.
What is the correct information?

FYI - it's $..$.

Furthermore, there's a big problem with C++ Code Explorer. Suppose this piece of source:
class Base {
}

class Derive1 : Base {
}

class Derive2 : Base {
}

CodeExplorer shows

class
- Base
- Base
- Base

instead of

class
- Base
- Derive1
- Derive2

Thanks

#28 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2269) English

Posted by: estmatic | Date: 2007-07-25 14:54 | IP: IP Logged

There's some quirky behavior going on with the HTML Page Preview.

1) Load an HTML file and open the HTML Page Preview

2) Make a change to the html but don't save. Switch over to the preview window and try to close it. PSPad displays the "save changes" dialog window.

3) - Clicking Yes saves the changes and closes the preview window
- Clicking No closes the preview window but also removes the "file has changed" indicator on the file tab. Closing the actual file will now not prompt the user to save changes (even though they're still there).
- Clicking Cancel stops the preview window from closing
- Clicking Yes to All saves changes to all open files but it also makes that option "stick". Try reopening the preview window and making a change to the file. When you close the preview window it will automatically save the changes without asking.

I think I skipped a few of the beta builds so I'm not sure when this started happening. This probably needs to be fixed before the next major release, but I consider it a minor inconvenience in an otherwise great product. Thanks for all the work you do.

#29 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2269) English

Posted by: microalps | Date: 2007-07-26 06:56 | IP: IP Logged

I've sent you the log on Monday. Can you confirm receipt? Have you any update on what's wrong?

#30 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2269) English

Posted by: maltrecho | Date: 2007-07-26 10:32 | IP: IP Logged

PSPad remembers recent files even if "Save Recent Files List" is not selected in "Program Settings..." -> "Files and Dirs" panel.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR