You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2269) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2269) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next

#31 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2269) English

Posted by: Jody | Date: 2007-07-27 21:03 | IP: IP Logged

GUI : Toolbar and Tool Panel

I have been using and promoting PSPad for over two years and patiently awaiting improvements to the GUI. I realize that these improvements do not affect critical usage but they do make the program more convenient to use and are available and expected in most all programs.

These improvements have been discussed as upcoming for at least two years.
I'm hoping for the next final we will be able to have some control over the appearance and action of the toolbar and the Tool Panel. Especially the Tool Panel. Would like to decide what is available (shown) as well as a default panel (Favorites, Explorer, etc) when PSPad opens... some of us don't use Projects with PSPad.

It would also be great to be able to customize the toolbar.
I love PSPad and wouldn't mention this except we have been told these were planned and I have waited and waited while every highlighter in the world it seems has been fixed leaving the GUI to wait.

Because the last beta took longer than usual I thought maybe these were being addressed. I hope the time has now come where the GUI changes will be done.

Thanks Jan

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#32 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2269) English

Posted by: mathiasm | Date: 2007-07-27 21:45 | IP: IP Logged

Jody:
GUI : Toolbar and Tool Panel

[...]

Because the last beta took longer than usual I thought maybe these were being addressed. I hope the time has now come where the GUI changes will be done.

Thanks Jan

+1

#33 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2269) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2007-07-29 14:51 | IP: IP Logged

maltrecho:
PSPad remembers recent files even if "Save Recent Files List" is not selected in "Program Settings..." -> "Files and Dirs" panel.

If this option isn't checked, PSPad remebers it only during PSPad session.
[x]Save recent... means PSPad stores it for future sessions

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-29 14:51 by pspad.

#34 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2269) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2007-07-29 14:55 | IP: IP Logged

estmatic:
There's some quirky behavior going on with the HTML Page Preview.

1) Load an HTML file and open the HTML Page Preview

2) Make a change to the html but don't save. Switch over to the preview window and try to close it. PSPad displays the "save changes" dialog window.

3) - Clicking Yes saves the changes and closes the preview window
- Clicking No closes the preview window but also removes the "file has changed" indicator on the file tab. Closing the actual file will now not prompt the user to save changes (even though they're still there).
- Clicking Cancel stops the preview window from closing
- Clicking Yes to All saves changes to all open files but it also makes that option "stick". Try reopening the preview window and making a change to the file. When you close the preview window it will automatically save the changes without asking.

I think I skipped a few of the beta builds so I'm not sure when this started happening. This probably needs to be fixed before the next major release, but I consider it a minor inconvenience in an otherwise great product. Thanks for all the work you do.

Remove JavaScript in the Program settings Multihighlighter

#35 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2269) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2007-07-29 15:11 | IP: IP Logged

microalps:
I've sent you the log on Monday. Can you confirm receipt? Have you any update on what's wrong?

I got it.

#36 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2269) English

Posted by: simbabque | Date: 2007-07-30 09:06 | IP: IP Logged

Since several versions I have the following bug.
I run WinXP on 1280x1024 and have my taskbar at the left hand side of the screen with 3 quicklaunch-icons in size.
Although I arranged the toolbars so that all the enabled ones would fit into the first line, the empty one keeps showing up. I cannot disable it nor is it possible to stick it at the end of the first line. At the left side of the first line of toolbars it messes everything up big time. So it just sits at the bottom and wastes a lot of space. Is this a bug or is the bar intended? Can I disable it somehow?

Thanks for the great work, though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-30 09:06 by simbabque.

#37 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2269) English

Posted by: estmatic | Date: 2007-07-31 20:57 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:

I don't have JavaScript enabled for the multihighlighter.

My settings are:
- Enable HTML Multi-Highlighter is checked
- Multihighlighter Base is set to XHTML
- For <%..%> use Java
- Nothing else is checked

#38 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2269) English

Posted by: Joël | Date: 2007-08-01 18:46 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Jan,
I confirm that formulas are enclosed by $...$ in LaTeX, not ($...$). It was also confirmed by someone on this post.
Joël

#39 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2269) English

Posted by: random | Date: 2007-08-02 17:11 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
estmatic:
There's some quirky behavior going on with the HTML Page Preview.

I am also having problems with html preview in build 2269. Even with no changes, once the preview window is up I can't exit it without closing the file. I have Program settings/Multihighlighter/ JavaScript unchecked.

I rolled back to 2265 and it works fine.

#40 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2269) English

Posted by: Stefan | Date: 2007-08-03 09:27 | IP: IP Logged

random:
I am also having problems with html preview in build 2269. Even with no changes, once the preview window is up I can't exit it without closing the file....

I have the same problem.

I have several files open:
A -> not modified
B -> modified
C -> an HTML file - non modified yet

I preview file 'C' with the preview window.
If i want to close the preview window
i been asked if i want to save file 'B'.
I can't exit the preview window without saving file 'B' before.

If i say NO, don't save this 'B'... PSPad still save it! sad smiley
and close the preview then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-03 09:36 by Stefan.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR