You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad 4.5.0 (2175) English

PSPad 4.5.0 (2175) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next

#31 Re: PSPad 4.5.0 (2175) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-01-03 05:42 | IP: IP Logged

Call the Print preview function and set the different font size

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#32 Re: PSPad 4.5.0 (2175) English

Posted by: ShiLong | Date: 2006-01-03 16:54 | IP: IP Logged

I found a bug!

Open an TXT file with long text inside. Wrap the paragraphs and go to the print preview. If you now disable the line nummer preview the paragraphs ignore the bottom padding of the document!

I cant print my text file without line numbers, if i do it anyway cut my printer the text amually :(

Greetings,
ShiLong

#33 Re: PSPad 4.5.0 (2175) English

Posted by: yue | Date: 2006-01-03 20:04 | IP: IP Logged

Thanks for the reply.

For 1), I know that I can change the readonly mode by myself. I just want to request a new feature. It is better to make the file's readonly attribute in sync with the readonly mode. Some outside program may change the readonly attribute after the file has been opened. I want that change to be reflected in PSPad. That would be very helpful for people working with source control systems.

Actually, this readonly mode sync feature is a super set of the current option "RO mode changes file attribute".

For 2). I consider it a minor bug. The method you gave does not work because there is not sync button in the file list tab. To manually sync, the user has to switch to another file and then switch back. This is inconvenient. I hope that it can get fixed.

Thank you again for the great editor.

Yue

#34 Re: PSPad 4.5.0 (2175) English

Posted by: ra | Date: 2006-01-03 21:06 | IP: IP Logged

File tabs can't be colored due to M$. Win64 doesn't support owner drawing of tabs. And I will not handle different file tabs for the each M$ OS version

They suck. ;-(

Can you please think of another way to make the difference between local and FTP files clearer? Would it be possible to change the color (and perhaps make it bold) of the tab text? Or put an image behind the text to get them colored differently never the less?

Thanks for your workaround, Lode. True save as would be better, but, well, I'll still have to use my FTP program anyway...

#35 Re: PSPad 4.5.0 (2175) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-01-03 22:03 | IP: IP Logged

There are symbols on the file tab before a file name.

#36 Re: PSPad 4.5.0 (2175) English

Posted by: JCurtis | Date: 2006-01-04 09:32 | IP: IP Logged

try to comment a block of code (ctrl+shift+a) with opened icq client... or some special keys in internal browser..

#37 Re: PSPad 4.5.0 (2175) English

Posted by: devic | Date: 2006-01-04 11:13 | IP: IP Logged

happy new year! smiling smiley

I don't know how I did it, but the brackets are over the line numbers area.

#38 Re: PSPad 4.5.0 (2175) English

Posted by: ra | Date: 2006-01-04 19:48 | IP: IP Logged

There are symbols on the file tab before a file name.

Honestly, the symbol is so small that I hardly notice it sad smiley otherwise I wouldn't be here and start complaining about a removed feature.. winking smiley

Just compare what can be seen more easily - color or icon:

Please make the difference between local and ftp files more visible again!

Other suggestions if there's no way for the colored tab to work like it did before:

- Different font color/size

- Enlarge an image to fit the whole tab and put the font text over it (basically coloring the tab).

- Bigger icon (although that would take away tab space whereas coloring doesn't).

If the tab coloring code that was used before doesn't work under Win64, does it hurt? There, the icon will still work, under Win32 we could have both.. tongue sticking out smiley

#39 Re: PSPad 4.5.0 (2175) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-01-04 20:28 | IP: IP Logged

As I wrote, I need show several states combination without changing the file tab font or the background.
Any idea ?
I can change e.g. the icon background or something else.

#40 Re: PSPad 4.5.0 (2175) English

Posted by: Lode | Date: 2006-01-04 21:34 | IP: IP Logged

Hmm, I have no real problems with it, I know myself which files are FTP and which are local, but ok.
Maybe making the icon larger in height would help. It wouldn't take up more space than it does now, but it would be more reconizeble. Maybe even the letters FTP, as in an icon. Just like on the toolpanel itself. Something with a folder icon hiked on a wire.
Just a few ideas, hope someone likes them smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR