You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2140) beta English

PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2140) beta English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

#21 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2140) beta English

Posted by: Replika | Date: 2005-11-04 09:48 | IP: IP Logged

did, not work. There NO Syntax Highlight:

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#22 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2140) beta English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2005-11-04 10:04 | IP: IP Logged

How long is your file ? More than 250000 bytes ?

#23 some bugs and feature requests

Posted by: leemak | Date: 2005-11-04 13:27 | IP: IP Logged

================================================

Thanky you for your responce, leemak !
But we have an bug forum
and an discuss forum for feature requests too.
So it's better to split your (to long) post for each cause
and post them into the corresponding forum.

At least the next time.
That will increase the possibility to be read and understand too.

Thank you (all!).

mod
================================================

I am using PSPad 4.5.0 beta 2140 and this is what I have encountered using it:

BUGS

1) Error highlighting sometimes allows to select two lines at one time:

I set up TeX compiler:

Compiler: tex
Parameters: %Name%.tex -interaction=nonstopmode
Save all files: yes
Capture output: yes
Hide console window: yes
LOG Parser: l.%L

Other boxes are empty.

Now I compile for example this file:

abc \abc
\efg

cde \cde
\bye

the output is:

This is TeX, Version 3.141592 (MiKTeX 2.4)
(New2.tex
! Undefined control sequence.
l.1 abc \abc

l.2 \efg

l.4 cde \cde

[1] )
(see the transcript file for additional information)
Output written on New2.dvi (1 page, 228 bytes).
Transcript written on New2.log.

I doubleclick the first, the second and then the third error in log window. The line with the second error stays selected and now there are two lines selected.

This happens only when the line begins with some whitespace and TeX tag immediately after it.

2) Output of external console tool is not captured:

I set up F9 external tool to run just compiled C++ application:

Name: Run
Application: %Name%
Log file: %Name%Output.log

Help file says that when an external program is run, its output is captured and written to the log file if its name is specified.
When I press F9, program executes, but its output is shown in console window and not written to log file nor shown by PSPad.
When I specify some existing log file PSPad shows its contents after external program exits, but still there is nothing written to it.

Or maybe I missed some option to capture output from external application?

SOME LESS IMPORTANT BUGS

3) Menu option: Settings->User Variables

Shouldn't the Program and System tabs be swapped? I think the tab with %UserName% and %ComputerName% would be called System rather than Program...

4) Help file:

There is some non-english text in the LOG file section of LOG parser topic. Missed comment or just a notice about something not yet added to this help topic?

spodní eásti obrazovky. Pokud je toto políeko vyplnino, soubor bude po kompilaci automaticky zobrazen.

FEATURE REQUESTS:

5) C/C++ highlighter
I think this highlighter should be divided in two separate ones: C and C++. This would allow to run different compiler for C files (e.g. GCC) and C++ files (G++).

6) External program chains:
Sometimes it is necessary to run several external programs one after another. It would be nice if I could "chain" external programs, so that they are all run with one hotkey, each one after the previous one exits.
There could be also an option to append output from each file at the end of 'Main Log File' - log file specified for first chained tool with this option turned on, or use separate log file for each tool (they could be shown on separate log tabs)

7) A checkbox in Highlighter Settings->Exteral Applications telling PSPad that if file was modified since last compilation, it should be compiled before running this tool

8) It would be nice to have some option and a hotkey to kill console application waiting for input when its output is captured and its window hidden. There is such an option in Syn Text Editor and ConTEXT. It is very useful for me and would be nice to have it here. A good default hotkey would be [CTRL] + [SHIFT] + [F2] or [ALT] + [SHIFT] + [F2].

An edit box working as a command line to send input to the console would be also very useful, for example when writing simple console applications with PSPad. Such an option is included i.e. in Syn Text Editor.
It should be accompanied with an option to focus the commandline after compilation which could be turned on or off on Compiler tab in Highlighters Settings Menu.

If it isn't too problematic to implement, you could add an integrated console (placed in another tab, just like search results) allowing you to run any command. Something like shell window in Kate editor on Linux.

9) Automatic reloading of externally modified files.
Having to mark every opened file for auto refresh is a little tedious. Wouldn't it be better to add a checkbox saying "Always apply my choice in future" or "Never show this window again" to messagebox asking about reloading modified file?
Or maybe additional "Always reload" and "Always ignore" buttons. Or "Always prompt | Always reload | Always ignore" radio button. It should be also placed in editor settings.

I mean not to replace auto-refresh with what I am proposing (auto-refresh is also useful) but just add this as additional option.

---------------------------------------- EDIT -------------------------------------

One another thing:

10) Highlighting active line:

I use highlighting scheme that has different background color for many of the highlighted elements. When using View->Active Line option, it changes background of whole current line and leaves text color unchanged. It would be nice to have an option that makes it change background color of the active line for whitespace only, leaving background highlighting under any text unchanged.

Post Edited (11-04-2005 16:40)

#24 Print preview error

Posted by: Massimo | Date: 2005-11-04 14:44 | IP: IP Logged

I've PSPad 4.5.0 (2140) on WinXP PRO

Printing work fine, but if i'll try to have a "print preview", PSPad crash with this error:

Printer is not currently printing.

Exception class: EPrinter
Exception address: 00439652
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[...]

Trimmed by mod.

Send Error Logs by mail to author only!
Don't post error logs into the forum !!!
For mail address see PSPad About menu.

Thank you.

[...]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Program : C:\Programmi\PSPad\PSPad.exe 4.5.0 (2140)
System : Windows XP Professional, Version: 5.1, Build: A28, "Service Pack 2"
Processor: AMD, AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2000+, 1660 MHz MMX
Display : 1152x864 pixels, 32 bpp
Active Controls Hierarchy:

#25 Re: Print preview error

Posted by: riechert | Date: 2005-11-04 16:31 | IP: IP Logged

I get a similar error on win2k

#26 Re: some bugs and feature requests

Posted by: gogogadgetscott | Date: 2005-11-04 17:54 | IP: IP Logged

leemak, remark 4 referring to help file; noted and will be fixed.

#27 JAVA Highlight

Posted by: Franco | Date: 2005-11-04 20:18 | IP: IP Logged

the code explorer doesn't display class attribute if public/protected/private keyword is not writed.
Then if a variable is defined inside a method is displaied at the same level of the method and not as a descendent

anyway it is a great editor

#28 Re: JAVA Highlight

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2005-11-04 21:48 | IP: IP Logged

Send me a code sample

#29 Saving before run

Posted by: leemak | Date: 2005-11-05 15:35 | IP: IP Logged

There is an option to save all files before running a compiler. Why is there no option to save files before running external application?

It's a little annoying - i.e. when I set up a tool for compiling a program and compressing the executable with UPX, like this:

Name: Compile && Pack
Application: cmd /c (C:\Dev-Cpp\bin\g++ -DNDEBUG "%File%" -o "%Name%.exe" -fno-access-control -fexpensive-optimizations -O3 -s) && (upx "%Name%.exe") && (pause)

PSPad instead of saving modified file, creates a copy of the file in its directory with the name like C9869804.cpp and compiles and then packs this file. I must then rename it and delete the original one or save the original one and compile it again. Of course this doesn't happen if I save the file before every such compilation, but it's easy to forget about this and happens often to me.

Can this be fixed?

BTW: Thanks for great editor. It's the best one I've seen so far.

Post Edited (11-05-2005 16:37)

#30 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2140) beta English

Posted by: Replika | Date: 2005-11-06 04:55 | IP: IP Logged

Quote:
How long is your file ? More than 250000 bytes ?

Maybe Syntax Highlight not work with long file?

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR