You are here: PSPad forum > Bug report / Hlášení chyb > Html Preview problem

Html Preview problem

#1 Html Preview problem

Posted by: Strapman | Date: 2013-07-18 15:52 | IP: IP Logged

Not a programmer, I just took a website template and modified it for my personal art website. The index page looks perfect when I preview it with pspad however when I save it, exit and try to open the index file with my browser "firefox"
the page does not appear correctly. Thing out of alignment. Any ideas as to how to correct the errors since they dont appear when viewed in pspad.

PS I just updated to the latest version but it still looks perfect in pspad and terrible when opened independently.

any ideas?

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Html Preview problem

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2013-07-18 18:34 | IP: IP Logged

Strapman:
The index page looks perfect when I preview it with pspad however when I save it, exit and try to open the index file with my browser "firefox"
the page does not appear correctly.

Hi,
PSPad uses the component of MS Internet Explorer (by default) for previewing HTML pages.
Do you see the same result in this standalone browser?
If this is the case, you might need to replace some possibly non standard features in the HTML code, which are not cross-browser compatible.

hth,
vbr

#3 Re: Html Preview problem

Posted by: carbonize | Date: 2013-07-19 09:53 | IP: IP Logged

Odds are your code is being rendered in quirks mode so will appear different in the various browsers. Should always use a strict doctype. Also using a CSS reset means it should appear in the same in every browser.

If you want you can email your HTML to me at ''.phorum_html_encode('webmaster@carbonize.co.uk').''

--
Carbonize

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR