You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: how to reset the compile command to use the current file rather than the file set as "main file for compiler"

Re: how to reset the compile command to use the current file rather than the file set as "main file for compiler"

#1 how to reset the compile command to use the current file rather than the file set as "main file for compiler"

Posted by: KennyT | Date: 2021-11-22 12:16 | IP: IP Logged

somehow, i have inadvertently set the "main file for compiler" to a particular file but i want to reset it to the "file in the currently open tab" but i can't see where to clear the current setting?

TIA

K

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: how to reset the compile command to use the current file rather than the file set as "main file for compiler"

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-11-22 15:24 | IP: IP Logged

Use the function again on your file. It's switch On/Off
It means right mouse click on the project file and use Set main file

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-23 11:01 by pspad.

#3 Re: how to reset the compile command to use the current file rather than the file set as "main file for compiler"

Posted by: Wolfgang | Date: 2022-12-02 15:19 | IP: IP Logged

I just spend about two hours trying to use the compiler feature (After using the editor for several years already)
It would be very helpful to have a message, that a certain file is preselected (different from the arguments in the compile-command itself).
My choice would be an additional line at the beginning of the output informing that this feature is currently activated.

#4 Re: how to reset the compile command to use the current file rather than the file set as "main file for compiler"

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2022-12-02 15:28 | IP: IP Logged

Wolfgang:
I just spend about two hours trying to use the compiler feature (After using the editor for several years already)
It would be very helpful to have a message, that a certain file is preselected (different from the arguments in the compile-command itself).
My choice would be an additional line at the beginning of the output informing that this feature is currently activated.

can you please provide some example? I am afraid I don't fully understand

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR