You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Another wishlist

Re: Another wishlist

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

#1 Another wishlist,

Posted by: idefix2 | Date: 2021-01-06 02:57 | IP: IP Logged

Move lines up/down:
If I mark a block, I can move the whole block up and down in the source file. That is great. But if the last line of my block is an empty line, this empty line does not move together with the rest of the block, it remains at the place it was.

Autocomplete:
if the word that is autocompleted is the first word of a line and the line is indented, the whole word moves a few spaces to the left. The lines
....Thisvar:=24
....Thi
after hitting the enter key for autocomplete become:
....Thisvar:=24
.Thisvar
(The points in the[code]section should be spaces, but the forum software seems to discard leading spaces even in[code]sections.)

Cursor Movement:
In AHK, the semicolumn marks the beginning of a comment. ctrl-left or ctrl-right jump to the previous/next word, alas it does not stop at semicolumns.

Mouse wheel:
Since Windows 10, the mouse wheel usually scrolls the window under the cursor, regardless, which window has the focus. This is a very useful feature, but somehow it does not work in PSPad in split screen mode (display the same file in two windows). In that case, PSPad always scrolls the focused window, even if the mouse position is in the other window. The feature works if you edit two different files side by side.

Intelligent autocomplete:
When the next characters of the autocomplete word are already in place, autocomplete should move the cursor to the right instead of adding the characters that are already present:
Suppose I want to type the variable cmdbaselength.
I type too quickly and write "cdmbase" - at that moment I realize that I have made a typing error, and go back to correct cdm -> cmd.
Now the word written is cmdbase, but the cursor is between the "d" and the "b". autocomplete proposes cmdbaselength, but the characters "base" are already in place, to the right of the cursor.
If I hit enter, autocomplete completes my "cmd" to "cmdbaselength", and the word becomes "cmdbaselengthbase" instead of "cmdbaselength", because "base" was already there. In such a scenario, it would be better if the cursor moved over "base" and only "length" would be inserted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-06 02:59 by idefix2.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Another wishlist

Posted by: idefix2 | Date: 2021-01-08 01:44 | IP: IP Logged

Another minor autocomplete problem: Quite often, autocomplete adds spaces to the word it autocompletes and the cursor is positioned some spaces away from the end of the word after autocomplete is done.

Cursor movement: with brackets {} and several other (maybe all?) special characters, there is the same problem as with ";"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-08 01:50 by idefix2.

#3 Re: Another wishlist

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-01-25 20:53 | IP: IP Logged

Cursor movement (Ctrl+Left/Right). This functions jum to the next/previous word.
It doesn't stop on brackets, semicolon e.t.c.

#4 Re: Another wishlist,

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-01-25 20:58 | IP: IP Logged

Mouse wheel in text diff window
Both editors in TextDiff window contains same number of lines, editors have movement locked. Mouse wheel works for me in TextDiff windows, even PSPad is or isn't focused.

#5 Re: Another wishlist,

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-01-26 10:29 | IP: IP Logged

Autocomplete

I wasn't able to simulate it even with real tabs or spaces, even the Trim trailing spaces options was on or off.

I need some example, maybe your PSPad.ini to know what option has influence

#6 Re: Another wishlist,

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-01-26 14:59 | IP: IP Logged

Intelligent autocomplete

will be available in next build

#7 Re: Another wishlist,

Posted by: idefix2 | Date: 2021-01-28 13:29 | IP: IP Logged

"Mouse wheel in text diff window"

That is a misunderstanding, I am not speaking of the text diff window. In that window, the two sides are synchronized, that is ok.
I am speaking of "window - vertical split". This mode is very useful for seeing two different places of the same file at the same time. And in this mode, the mouse wheel does not work as expected.

#8 Re: Another wishlist,

Posted by: idefix2 | Date: 2021-01-28 14:37 | IP: IP Logged

"Autocomplete

I wasn't able to simulate it "

I think it must have something to do with AHK formatting. I also was not able to reproduce the problem with other file types.

I could not include my autohotkey.def file here, I get the error message:
Please shorten your messages, the body is too large.
But it should be the original file, I don't think I have made changes or additions to it yet.

#9 Re: Another wishlist,

Posted by: idefix2 | Date: 2021-01-28 14:39 | IP: IP Logged

"Intelligent autocomplete

will be available in next build"

smiling smiley
Thank you!

#10 Re: Another wishlist,

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-01-28 16:57 | IP: IP Logged

idefix2:
"Autocomplete

I wasn't able to simulate it "

I think it must have something to do with AHK formatting. I also was not able to reproduce the problem with other file types.

I could not include my autohotkey.def file here, I get the error message:
Please shorten your messages, the body is too large.
But it should be the original file, I don't think I have made changes or additions to it yet.

Send it to support mail

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR