You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Some help with Clip Hotkeys?

Some help with Clip Hotkeys?

#1 Some help with Clip Hotkeys?

Posted by: pincopallino | Date: 2019-12-30 09:51 | IP: IP Logged

Greetings,
I have been trying to figure out how to efficiently use the Clip Hotkeys but I am a bit stuck so I send a message in a bottle, hoping some rescue ship navigating around may give me a hand.

Among the pre-formatted Clip Hotkeys we have CTRL+B for <strong></strong>. It works quite erratically: sometimes nothing is inserted. I do not know why.

Following the same model, I have edited the HTML.def file for "emphasis". I have found

[em | emphasis]
<em>ァ|</em>

and modified it as follows

[em | emphasis]*Ctrl+E
<em>ァ|</em>

No effect, I get instead a sort of search box in the "Log" pane.

Ctrl+U results in insertion of &rdquo; whereas Shift+Ctrl+U should result in &bdquo; but actually nothing happens.

I am quite confused.

Also, I would love a shortcut for <a target="_blank" href=""></a>, which I use frequently. Is that possible?

Thank you in advance for any help you may provide.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Some help with Clip Hotkeys?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2019-12-30 10:13 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

You did your modification correctly, but you used Sortcut, what is already used.
If you insist on the Ctrl+E, and you don't need to use incremental search, go to program settings / KeyMap

You can "print" there all the shortcuts
You can remove Ctrl+E for incremental search:
click on the search in the left list, click on the Incremental search and delete shortcut

§ - selected text
| - cursor position after clip is inserted

#3 Re: Some help with Clip Hotkeys?

Posted by: pincopallino | Date: 2019-12-31 18:40 | IP: IP Logged

Ah, that made the trick, thanks! Now that I've got a hint, I'll explore a bit more and if I'm stuck I'll ask again.
Thank you for your help! smiling smiley

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR