You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > User request - "Confirm close PSPad with open files" for 2 and more files

User request - "Confirm close PSPad with open files" for 2 and more files

#1 User request - "Confirm close PSPad with open files" for 2 and more files

Posted by: Professor Bernd | Date: 2019-11-04 17:29 | IP: IP Logged

Hello Jan.

I have another user request. Is it possible to add an option "for 2 and more files" to "Confirm close PSPad with open files"?

Here a designed screenshot.

Best regards,
Bernd.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: User request - "Confirm close PSPad with open files" for 2 and more files

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2019-11-04 17:57 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

Can you explain me reason and difference between current and future behavior?

#3 Re: User request - "Confirm close PSPad with open files" for 2 and more files

Posted by: Professor Bernd | Date: 2019-11-04 21:25 | IP: IP Logged

Reason: If I have several files open, I am always glad about a warning when closing PSPad (if I forgot the other files). But very often I just open a file, close it, open another file and so on. Then it gets annoying when I have to click away a confirmation dialog every time.

A better name for the option would be:

-- [x] "Confirm close PSPad with open files"
---- [x] "Only if more than 1 file is open"

Future behavior:

If only 1 file is open, you can close PSPad WITHOUT confirmation.
If 2 or more files are open, then show the confirmation dialog.

#4 Re: User request - "Confirm close PSPad with open files" for 2 and more files

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2019-11-05 12:37 | IP: IP Logged

Isn't easier to switch off this waring and let only PSpad warn you before close with unmodified file?

#5 Re: User request - "Confirm close PSPad with open files" for 2 and more files

Posted by: Professor Bernd | Date: 2019-11-05 15:38 | IP: IP Logged

Thanks for replying.

This is a solution when nothing else is possible. However, the requested solution has its advantages.

I often have more than 10 files open and often I accidentally click Close when I actually only want to close 1 file. If there is no warning, all files are closed and I can't remember which ones were open.

At the moment I'm using a project file as a workaround, but I don't always think about using it.

But this is neither "must have" nor very important, and you have many more important user requests. It can be placed at the bottom of the "Maybe" ToDo list. winking smiley

Thank you very much for your hard work!

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR