You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Code Explorer Memory Leak

Re: Code Explorer Memory Leak

#1 Code Explorer Memory Leak

Posted by: jballi | Date: 2019-08-30 17:35 | IP: IP Logged

PSPad v5.02 (319). May be other versions.

I've been using this version of PSPad since bugs with Code Explorer for AutoHotkey were fixed. The program runs well for a while but eventually it issues a fatal error message (I always forget to write it down). I'm always able to save the latest changes before shutting down the program so no harm, no foul.

A few days ago I noticed that the program was using a huge amount of memory (900 MB+). I closed all of the files I was editing but there was no change to the amount of memory used. I closed PSPad and opened it back up and the program was using a normal amount of memory. On my computer, it's ~35 MB.

Today I think I tracked down the leak. It's Code Explorer. Every time I hit the "Refresh" button on the Code Explorer panel, the program eats up ~2 MB more of memory. Every time I save a file, the Code Explorer view is refreshed so for me, a Code Explorer refresh occurs many many times a day. Eventually something maxes out and a system error message is issued.

Anything you can do to fix this problem would be appreciated.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Code Explorer Memory Leak

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2019-08-30 17:59 | IP: IP Logged

Thank you for report. I will try to investigate it.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR