You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Feature request - Pin file

Feature request - Pin file

#1 Feature request - Pin file

Posted by: PGomersall | Date: 2018-11-27 15:34 | IP: IP Logged

Jan,
I have often found that it would be really useful if there was a feature that allowed you to pin\fix specific files to say an section\area at the top of the special\recent list. Is this something that would be easy and or useful to do?
If there is already a mechanism to do this I can't find it.
Regards,
Pete

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Feature request - Pin file

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2018-11-27 16:01 | IP: IP Logged

Isn't way for you to use left panel / Favourites?
You can put there any file count you want.

#3 Re: Feature request - Pin file

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2018-11-27 16:02 | IP: IP Logged

You can Drag/drop filetab there from PSPad or files from Windows explorer or any other file commander

#4 Re: Feature request - Pin file

Posted by: PGomersall | Date: 2018-11-27 18:38 | IP: IP Logged

Jan, that works but I don't tend to not use the tool panel because it clutters the application's usable editing area. I tend to just click on the open icon on the tool bar and was wondering if it could show on its flyout under a pinned files section; just similar to the same feature in MS Word's file open area.
Pete

#5 Re: Feature request - Pin file

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2018-11-27 19:33 | IP: IP Logged

Possible is near everything. I will add it into ToDo

#6 Re: Feature request - Pin file

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2019-02-16 19:06 | IP: IP Logged

PGomersall:
Jan, that works but I don't tend to not use the tool panel because it clutters the application's usable editing area. I tend to just click on the open icon on the tool bar and was wondering if it could show on its flyout under a pinned files section; just similar to the same feature in MS Word's file open area.
Pete

Hello

I searched it and find it's possible. But on the other side, isn't possible for you to use standard Open file shortcut Ctrl+O what works near in all Windows applications?

Anyway, for MS word it doesn't do nothing else than open new word instance.
If you will disallow Only one PSPad instance in the program settings / System, it will open new PSPad window. But it isn't what do you want - initiate Open dialog.

Ctrl+O shortcut is more fast than several clicks on statusbar.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-16 19:17 by pspad.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR