You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Feature-request: Multi-line edit

Re: Feature-request: Multi-line edit

#1 Feature-request: Multi-line edit

Posted by: damax | Date: 2018-06-19 08:10 | IP: IP Logged

Before I start with my feature wish, I'd like to state that PSPad is one of the best text editors I know and that I just donated 15€ just because of that.

Here's my question: will PSPad ever learn a "multi-line" edit like NotePad++ has?

Being a coder, I very often paste some text (eg. XML) into NotePad++, then Alt-Select all lines and add a 'sb.WriteLine("' in front of every row at once, like so:

Multi-line editing in NPP

This is the one big feature I am missing in PSPad (apart from the possibility to collapse blocks of code).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-19 08:11 by damax.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Feature-request: Multi-line edit

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2018-06-19 19:12 | IP: IP Logged

damax:
Here's my question: will PSPad ever learn a "multi-line" edit like NotePad++ has?
Being a coder, I very often paste some text (eg. XML) into NotePad++, then Alt-Select all lines and add a 'sb.WriteLine("' in front of every row at once, like so:

Hi,
I think, this feature is currently not supported in the editor component used in PSPad, maybe some enhancements are possible if/when this is replaced with another library.

However, you can already use
Edit: Lines manipulation: Insert text into lines
(or using Alt+I by default)

It is not as straightforward like the virtual multiline cursor with simultaneous writing, event with code completition, however, there are some more complex possibilities with this dialog in PSPad.
You can preselect the lines for text insertion (or the whole text is taken for the lines manipulation), a given text string or sequential numbering can be inserted.
You can insert at the begining and end of lines at once, or at the given character position. (a number indicating the caret position is shown in the dialog, after clicking on it, this value is set for the column of the insertion.

hth,
vbr

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-19 19:15 by vbr.

#3 Re: Feature-request: Multi-line edit

Posted by: Gabriel_ACE | Date: 2018-06-29 12:26 | IP: IP Logged

damax:
Before I start with my feature wish, I'd like to state that PSPad is one of the best text editors I know and that I just donated 15€ just because of that.

Multi-line editing in NPP

This is the one big feature I am missing in PSPad (apart from the possibility to collapse blocks of code).

ME TOO!! T______T I love it!

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR