You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Horizontal split - colour of dividing line

Re: Horizontal split - colour of dividing line

#1 Horizontal split - colour of dividing line

Posted by: David in Delta | Date: 2015-09-21 22:55 | IP: IP Logged

I don't recall this being a problem before Windows 10 changed its colour schemes, but now, if I use horizontal split, it is very hard to see the horizontal line that separates the upper and lower windows of PSPad.

How can I change the colour of the horizontal (and I guess vertical) split line? If it isn't possible, perhaps this is something that can be considered in a future build, please?

d.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Horizontal split - colour of dividing line

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-09-22 08:22 | IP: IP Logged

Changed. Will be available in the next build

#3 Re: Horizontal split - colour of dividing line

Posted by: David in Delta | Date: 2020-04-22 22:32 | IP: IP Logged

Just following up since I needed to come to the forum for another reason, Jan.

I don't think I've seen this change. The horizontal split line is a thin grey line; I can't figure out how to make it a contrasting colour and I can't figure out how to make it thicker.

This means that when I'm working with two different parts of the html file, and both the upper and lower "windows" of the horizontal split are full of text, it's very hard to see where the two sections are separated.

Ideally I'd like it to be a either a bright colour or a thicker line (or both). Is there, or will there be, a way for the user to change it?

Thank you once more, and keep well.

#4 Re: Horizontal split - colour of dividing line

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-04-24 14:44 | IP: IP Logged

Program settings / Colors / Right edge
You can set color for right edge you need.

I can make modification for high DPI and do this line "thicker". I don't have possibility to test it on 4k display. For my opinion 4K display on 14" notebook is marketing victory over anything useable. It has no sense. Than more resolution than more hi-fi.

#5 Re: Horizontal split - colour of dividing line

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-04-24 19:18 | IP: IP Logged

Splitted window:
Splitter color will be different from the background
Splitter width will depends of the screen DPI

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-24 19:38 by pspad.

#6 Re: Horizontal split - colour of dividing line

Posted by: David in Delta | Date: 2020-04-26 01:05 | IP: IP Logged

Thank you for making the change.

How do I get the revised program? I uninstalled the program, installed a new download of build 5.0.3.(377), then replaced that version's PSPad.exe with the developer build 5.0.4 (385), but the developer build doesn't seem to have it. There's no change to the colour or thickness of the horizontal line.

I'm NOT using a laptop computer. My computer is a PC desktop with a wide screen, and resolution 1920 x 1080. My operating system is Windows 10.

Also the word wrap continues to fail - instead of wrapping at the designated "Position of right edge" (right now that's 110), the lines of text continue the right edge of the window before wrapping.

And my macros won't work.

When I close the program, I get an Application Error message:
Exception EInvalidOperation in module PSPad.exe at 00000000003D48C9.
Control 'FEditor2' has no parent window. Path:
~fEdit_A95009453
.~FEditor2.

Sorry to have so many questions, but I'm not a programmer and your wonderful program, which I've used happily for many years, is suddenly defeating me.

#7 Re: Horizontal split - colour of dividing line

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-04-26 05:50 | IP: IP Logged

Split will be available in the next buils.
What version caused your exception?
What mactros doesn't work?

#8 Re: Horizontal split - colour of dividing line

Posted by: David in Delta | Date: 2021-01-02 23:09 | IP: IP Logged

Sorry to be so late in answering. The horizontal split line is now good, thanks (version 5.04(543)).It's grey, but it's thick enough.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR