You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > New problems with version 5.0.6 (589): Type agnostic, class window empty

New problems with version 5.0.6 (589): Type agnostic, class window empty

#1 New problems with version 5.0.6 (589): Type agnostic, class window empty

Posted by: PaulPic | Date: 2023-05-15 20:32 | IP: IP Logged

I work with PSPad for years and since long time with version 5.0.6. All of a sudden I have two obvious problems which stop me and I cannot fix it. The same happens with version 5.0.7 (775), so I guess it is not a PSPad problem but rather some kind of setting.

As usual, I opened a php file with WinSCP but the file is not rendered als php. If I force that, it works, but then I see an empty class explorer window (Ctrl+Shift+e).

What could be the cause for this unexplainable behavior? Where am I to look at?

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: New problems with version 5.0.6 (589): Type agnostic, class window empty

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2023-05-16 05:39 | IP: IP Logged

PSPad recognize file by it's extension. Does you WinSCP keep PHP extension?
PHP can be open as HTML, if in the program settings / HTML multihighlighter option Open PHP in multihighlighter is enabled
Syntax isn't enabled automatically, depends of the file size. Check program settings / Direct edit button and variable HLUpToSize=nnn where nnn is number of bytes. Change value e.g. to 1 million

#3 Re: New problems with version 5.0.6 (589): Type agnostic, class window empty

Posted by: PaulPic | Date: 2023-05-16 15:10 | IP: IP Logged

Thank you very much. I'm puzzled because I never had this problem berfoe and didn't change anything.

pspad:
PSPad recognize file by it's extension. Does you WinSCP keep PHP extension?

Yes.

pspad:
PHP can be open as HTML, if in the program settings / HTML multihighlighter option Open PHP in multihighlighter is enabled

It is.

pspad:
Syntax isn't enabled automatically, depends of the file size. Check program settings / Direct edit button and variable HLUpToSize=nnn where nnn is number of bytes. Change value e.g. to 1 million

I set this from 500000 to 5000000, it worked, but I never has any problems with this before.

Still code explorer window is empty in large files. Refresh seems to work, though.

Anyhow, I can work as usual.

#4 Re: New problems with version 5.0.6 (589): Type agnostic, class window empty

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2023-05-16 17:27 | IP: IP Logged

Code explorer has own limit, i don't know the name of variable, I am out of computer.
You haven't problem earlier, cause now you are much better programmer and you produce longer code winking smiley

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR