You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > END key not working with 5.0.7

END key not working with 5.0.7

#1 END key not working with 5.0.7

Posted by: RAH | Date: 2023-05-08 19:20 | IP: IP Logged

I recently updated to 5.0.7. Since doing so, the END key on my keyboard is not working correctly. Occasionally it will go to end of line (as it used to and I want), but usually it does nothing.

I tried changing the keyboard assignment. When I first looked at it it showed the LineEnd key set to END , but trying to goose it into working, I double-clicked it and in the assignment window when I press END, it gives me Alt + End, but even that doesn't work.

As a workaround, can I reinstall (without uninstalling) the prior version (5.0.6), which I still have? Or would I have to uninstall (which I don't want to do because resetting everything will be a big pain)?

Thanks! Love the program!!

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: END key not working with 5.0.7

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2023-05-09 07:33 | IP: IP Logged

Program settings / KeyMap / Print will generate all keywords assignment in HTML.

Shortcuts are used in the Code clips. Look in the menu settings / Clips hotkey menu if there isn't any clip with END hotkey assigned

#3 Re: END key not working with 5.0.7

Posted by: RAH | Date: 2023-05-09 11:16 | IP: IP Logged

I should have mentioned - the file I am editing when I get this problem is a .txt file. Looking at the Settings>Edit Clips Definition File> shows a blank file. (Clips Hotkeys menu item shows nothing). So it appears that I have no Clips Hotkeys for a.txt file, if I understand this correctly.

#4 Re: END key not working with 5.0.7

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2023-05-09 12:01 | IP: IP Logged

In the program settings try switch off extended home/end key.
This settings causes jump to begin of the line/begin of the text and end of the line/end of the text

Another thing - check if you don't have wrap lines active.

#5 Re: END key not working with 5.0.7

Posted by: RAH | Date: 2023-05-09 20:36 | IP: IP Logged

OK, thanks for your patience! smiling smiley I think turning off the "extended" Home and End keys fixed it. I say "I think" it fixed it because it seems I always have to press End twice to get it to go to LineEnd (it ignores the first press). I can live with that, so thanks!

I do think the program is acting differently than it used to in this area. I have installed multiple new versions over the last few years and this is the first time I have had any trouble with regard to key presses. But thanks for the way to get around it. smiling smiley

#6 Re: END key not working with 5.0.7

Posted by: RAH | Date: 2023-05-11 20:01 | IP: IP Logged

I just want to finish up this thread by mentioning that I have PSPad version 5.0.7 on a computer at work and I discovered that it does not have this LineEnd problem that my home computer has. So I copied the pspad.ini and keymap.ini files from the work computer to a flash drive and then overwrote the files on my home computer. This fixed things completely. My home computer's files must have gotten corrupted somehow. PSPad has crashed several times (not often) and maybe that caused it. Anyway, all is good. Thanks for the quick response on this!
grinning smiley

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR