You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Loading of user highlighter colors does not work anymore

Loading of user highlighter colors does not work anymore

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

#1 Loading of user highlighter colors does not work anymore

Posted by: Professor Bernd | Date: 2020-05-27 18:52 | IP: IP Logged

Hello.

When I load a user highlighter color scheme I created myself, an unknown (default?) color scheme is loaded, but not the one I selected. When I load different color schemes, always the same unknown one is loaded. This applies to the program settings and the highlighter settings.

Steps to reproduce

- Open a file with a user highlighter, such as .au3, .pb, etc.
- Write a line with a comment character.
- In Settings / "Highlighters Settings" in the tab "Colors" change the color for "comment" to orange.
- => the color is taken over in the editor.
- In the field "Color Scheme" enter a name, e.g. "a1" and save the color scheme.
- Then load the color scheme => the unknown color scheme is loaded, NOT the saved one. The color for "Comment" is gray-like.

The same happens if I save several color schemes: a1, a2, a3, ... No matter which one I load, the unknown color scheme is always loaded.

What do you think about the following idea? (It's just a suggestion.) smiling smiley

- Split the settings into "Colors" and "Skins". Save the settings for Skins in the folder "Skin", the highlighter colors in the folder "Colors" and the general colors for the editor in the folder "Colors\General". (This way there are no compatibility issues with previous PSPad versions).

- Restore the previous code for setting user highlighters.

- In Settings / Program Settings, create a separate Skins area in the left dialog box directly under Colors. In this area you can only load, save (and create?) skins. Skins are only for the PSPad window and controls, but not for editor and highlighter.

- In Settings / Program Settings area "Colors" add "Load" and "Save" and save the color settings in the folder "Colors\General".
---- or:
- In Settings / Program Settings area "Colors" delete the section "Color Scheme" and save the colors from "Colors" with each user highlighter.

Bernd.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Loading of user highlighter colors does not work anymore

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-05-28 03:45 | IP: IP Logged

Lets start thinking.
How many user highlighters we have, over 100?
Cilor scheme must cover all. If you change dark color scheme, you await it will change all.
This is a reason why I don't store individual user highlighters in schema. On the other side it's mych easier to maintain it and create it.
Set your highlighter colors and double click all lines. It will set attribute settings into all highlighters.

In the current build you have possibility to select skin and scheme under program settings / colors.
In highlighters / colors you can set attributes for any highlighter, yune uo scheme and save it. From my point of view it's the right place fot schemes maintain.

What i can do is setup rule, e.g. the user highlighter scheme will be taken from the first user highlighter.

#3 Re: Loading of user highlighter colors does not work anymore

Posted by: Professor Bernd | Date: 2020-05-28 10:08 | IP: IP Logged

Wow, that's a lot of things to think about. I can see why you love Skins. grinning smiley Thanks for sharing your thoughts. smiling smiley

What about the problem with not being able to load user skins anymore?

#4 Re: Loading of user highlighter colors does not work anymore

Posted by: Professor Bernd | Date: 2020-05-28 10:59 | IP: IP Logged

Sorry, translation errors. Not skin, but user highlighter was meant.

#5 Re: Loading of user highlighter colors does not work anymore

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-05-28 11:11 | IP: IP Logged

You are able to load your skin, but the skin record in the style file must be named: <not assigned>. This set of attribute styles is applied to all user highlighters when you load style.

Anyway, I don't like skins. But it's users wish. Skins added a lot of work. But when I want to implement skins, I need to make styles useable. When you change theme to black, it can't be applied to some highlighters only.

#6 Re: Loading of user highlighter colors does not work anymore

Posted by: Professor Bernd | Date: 2020-05-28 12:15 | IP: IP Logged

I'm sorry, I'm having trouble understanding. There was a translation error, so my penultimate post said "Skin", but my request has NOT to do with skins, but with user highlighters. Can we start from the beginning? I try to formulate it better. smiling smiley

- In PSPad 5.0.4 (403) I was able to load my custom user highlighters without any problems.
- I am updating PSPad from 5.0.4 (403) to 5.0.4 (407).
- Then I load a custom user highlighter. (See post #1: steps to reproduce).
- Instead of my user highlighter, an unknown user highlighter is loaded.
- Then I load another one of my user highlighters, but nothing happens, the unknown user highlighter remains.

My question is: How can I load my custom user highlighters, as it was until PSPad version 5.0.4 (403)?

#7 Re: Loading of user highlighter colors does not work anymore

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-05-28 12:34 | IP: IP Logged

Use highlighter must be assigned in hihglighters. If yes, you can load it. If isn't you can't load it.
Do you see your user highlighter in the list of highlighters?

#8 Re: Loading of user highlighter colors does not work anymore

Posted by: Professor Bernd | Date: 2020-05-28 12:45 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Do you see your user highlighter in the list of highlighters?

Yes.

My user highlighter
When I click on "Load" an unknown user highlighter is loaded instead of my user highlighter.

unknown user highlighter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-28 12:51 by Professor Bernd.

#9 Re: Loading of user highlighter colors does not work anymore

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-05-28 16:04 | IP: IP Logged

Hello
Open your style file.
Delete whole [<not assigned>] section
Rename your highlighter section to [<not assigned>]

I explained it in previous answer.
Situation in the current build:
pspad stores last scheme as <not assigned>, it doesn't save any other highlighter schemes, when load, it uses [<not assigned>] and apply ti to all user highlighters

In the next build it will take first scheme as default. I am thinking about name of scheme, maybe it will change.

I explained, I am not able to maintain color schemes for all user highlighters. And I don't know what highlighters user creates for himself.
The best way is to load some "default" scheme to all user highlighter when you load scheme file. And not the default scheme is stored in the [<not assigned>] section.

#10 Re: Loading of user highlighter colors does not work anymore

Posted by: Professor Bernd | Date: 2020-05-28 17:14 | IP: IP Logged

I can't say I understood everything, but your instructions worked:

pspad:
Open your style file.
Delete whole [<not assigned>] section
Rename your highlighter section to [<not assigned>]

But why this break in this version? And without any hint for the user. Is it a bug, or is it something you wanted? Do I have to change all my schemes manually?

Even saving does not work. If I set up a scheme and click "Save", it will be saved as in the previous PSPad version. That way I can no longer load it. Instead the [<not assigned>] section is loaded.

The instructions you gave me are a workaround, but how can I save and reload my own schemes?

Please don't be angry, I just don't understand it.

Bernd.

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR