You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.6 (2419) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.6 (2419) English

Goto Page: 1 2 3 Next

#1 PSPad unicode 4.5.6 (2419) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2011-07-31 14:51 | IP: IP Logged

Download links (2.3 MB):
pspad.siliconhill.cz
pspad.cincura.net

Changes to 4.5.5 (2417)

News
Interactive code clips - you can set date format in menu Settings / Program variables in %date% variable
Python highlighter - added With keyword
Open and Close dialogs uses new Windows 7 style
New version of unicode library TNTUnicode controls
New version of JCL library

Fixes:
Sort dialog with remove duplicities works with unicode files now
VBScript code explorer - procedures and functions
Search/Replace dialog - problems with unicode strings
HTML to plain text convertor (remove tags in menu HTML)
fixed buttons and checkboxes draw on Windows 7 with Alt key
Cobol highlighter - foxed draw od * char if the last position

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-31 14:55 by pspad.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.6 (2419) English

Posted by: kiendlm | Date: 2011-07-31 20:11 | IP: IP Logged

Jan,

thank you for the new build. But why did you change the format of the download archive? It seems like you are now packing the files using a current version of WinZIP instead of 7ZIP. The problem is that the zip file you offer for download uses an extended zip format (showing up as version 6.3) supporting remarkably better compression but which unfortunately cannot be extracted by most of the available packing Software due to copyright limitations of the current ZIP algorithm. I therefore had to download and install the test version of WinZIP. Regarding the fact that the archives you offer for download are pretty small and 7ZIP offers one of the best packing rates availabel I would like to ask you to switch back to the old ZIP format (version 2.0) or to the 7ZIP format, any of which can be extracted by most packing software.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-31 20:21 by kiendlm.

#3 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.6 (2419) English

Posted by: human | Date: 2011-07-31 20:25 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Jan, just to let you know:
I had no problems open and extract both linked zip files with 7-zip 9.2.0

human

#4 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.6 (2419) English

Posted by: massimobalestra | Date: 2011-07-31 21:24 | IP: IP Logged

I had no problem to open the file with 7zip.

#5 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.6 (2419) English

Posted by: Ilya | Date: 2011-08-01 04:31 | IP: IP Logged

The first link (pspad.siliconhill.cz) has a good zip. It opened OK.
The second one (pspad.cincura.net) causes to an error in winrar (3.71) - "!...\pspad456b2419.zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged" and in WinZip (7.0) - "Cannot open file: it does not appear to be a valid archive"
The 7zip creates a folder with pspad456b2419 file (without extension), size 2.72M

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-01 04:43 by Ilya.

#6 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.6 (2419) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2011-08-01 04:33 | IP: IP Logged

human:
Hi Jan, just to let you know:
I had no problems open and extract both linked zip files with 7-zip 9.2.0

human

I replaced both archives. Now it should be without problems

#7 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.6 (2419) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2011-08-01 04:34 | IP: IP Logged

Ilya:
The second one (pspad.cincura.net) causes to an error in winrar - "!...\pspad456b2419.zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged" and in WinZip - "Cannot open file: it does not apprar to be a valid archive"

You downloaded them just in time when I replaced archive version. You should be able to open both archives now.

#8 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.6 (2419) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2011-08-01 04:36 | IP: IP Logged

kiendlm:
Jan,

thank you for the new build. But why did you change the format of the download archive? It seems like you are now packing the files using a current version of WinZIP instead of 7ZIP. The problem is that the zip file you offer for download uses an extended zip format (showing up as version 6.3) supporting remarkably better compression but which unfortunately cannot be extracted by most of the available packing Software due to copyright limitations of the current ZIP algorithm. I therefore had to download and install the test version of WinZIP. Regarding the fact that the archives you offer for download are pretty small and 7ZIP offers one of the best packing rates availabel I would like to ask you to switch back to the old ZIP format (version 2.0) or to the 7ZIP format, any of which can be extracted by most packing software.

I got repeating requests from people who don't want to use 7Zip. You are right, i packed it with 7Zip into ZIP format with LZMA compression. And this format isn't supported by Windows.
I repack it into standard ZIP format and exchange build archives.
It should be all ok now.

#9 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.6 (2419) English

Posted by: Ilya | Date: 2011-08-01 04:43 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Ilya:
The second one (pspad.cincura.net) causes to an error in winrar - "!...\pspad456b2419.zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged" and in WinZip - "Cannot open file: it does not appear to be a valid archive"

You downloaded them just in time when I replaced archive version. You should be able to open both archives now.

Nop! The situation is the same - the second zip is not good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-01 04:44 by Ilya.

#10 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.6 (2419) English

Posted by: human | Date: 2011-08-01 09:42 | IP: IP Logged

The bug in COBOL highlighter with * in col 72 is fixed, the bug with string end in col 72 is still open (I just hoped it would be solved, too):

human:
Similar problems to the COBOL * for multiply occur on using a string end ' or " at col 72 (which is fine). In this case the string end is not recognized.

Sample (use quote to get the indentation)
move '12345'
to loc2

human

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-01 09:43 by human.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR