You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2281) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2281) English

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

#1 PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2281) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2007-10-07 12:16 | IP: IP Logged

Download links (1.7 MB):
pspad.cincura.net
ftp.siliconhill.cz

Notes on PSPad update versions:
this CAB archive contains PSPad.EXE and language files only. Unpack it with subfolders and replace existing files from the last full release

Changes to 4.5.3 (2280)

News
new scripting support functions: getClipBoardText():string a setClipboardText(text:string)

Corrections
LOG window
log parser for favourite tols
Code explorer for C++ and multiline extern
Code explorer for C++ and compiler conditions

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2281) English

Posted by: wal | Date: 2007-10-08 06:22 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,
I am very sorry, but I have to report two problems about build 2281:

1) C++ code explorer now incorrectly parses simple C example. Function test2 isn't shown in code explorer:

#ifdef X
void test1( void)
{
#ifdef Y
// some code 1
#else
// some code 2
#endif
}
#endif

void test2( void)
{
}

2) Seems that problem with corrupted output window still sometimes appears. But the new small disadvantage of build 2281 is that text is written to output window only when external tool is closed. This is not convenient when for example building big project which takes several minutes. So until end of build is not possible to see output messages, maybe compiler shows some warnings and is sense to cancel this build, not waiting until end of build.

#3 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2281) English

Posted by: PGomersall | Date: 2007-10-08 19:51 | IP: IP Logged

Jan,
1) The log Window problems do not seem to occur for me now in 2281.
2) Re my previous post about the context menu problems. Just did a clean install of PSPad, then update - I am still having the problem with the context menu for a non admin user. This occurs with standard context menu and the cascaded one. This is on full patched XP system.

Hoping for some comments on point 2.
Pete

#4 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2281) English

Posted by: tyzio | Date: 2007-10-10 11:08 | IP: IP Logged

I was able to reproduce problem with log window one time at 50 tries. So, definitely is better but the problem still exists.
Nevertheless, thanks for this big improvement, it make the capture output for Compiler very useful.smiling smiley

#5 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2281) English

Posted by: broker70 | Date: 2007-10-10 12:55 | IP: IP Logged

Thanks for the updates.

But I still have to say, that for commercial use this problem can't be accepted. Of course, we actually don't pay anything for this editor, but this function (log window, log parsing) is essential and was the main reason to prefer this editor. If the problem is still not solved soon, we have to find another tool.

I hope, you'll be able to find a solution for this...

sad smiley

#6 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2281) English

Posted by: Programmer | Date: 2007-10-10 13:50 | IP: IP Logged

Toolbar is still broken.
I leave Project bar unchecked.
Whenever I start up PsPad, the first toolbar is Main, then a big blank space, then the next toolbar.
Also, there is a blank toolbar on the right side. Is that supposed to be there?
If I double click the bar that slides the toolbar around, on the rightmost toolbar, it autoadjusts to remove the blank space in the middle. If I close and reopen it comes back.

#7 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2281) English

Posted by: jfuller | Date: 2007-10-10 18:31 | IP: IP Logged

Log seems to work better, though it's not real time anymore. Thats alittle disappointing, but if it fixes the error it's a start.

#8 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2281) English

Posted by: ianh | Date: 2007-10-12 09:20 | IP: IP Logged

broker70:
Thanks for the updates.

But I still have to say, that for commercial use this problem can't be accepted. Of course, we actually don't pay anything for this editor, but this function (log window, log parsing) is essential and was the main reason to prefer this editor. If the problem is still not solved soon, we have to find another tool.

sad smiley

I can't believe how ungrateful you are.

You have a free editor available in PSPad, and yet all you do is moan about how you can't use it in your money-making work. Perhaps you should find the commercial editor you want, fork out the money, and go use that.

I would like to say that this editor is just amazing for what I pay for it - performing much better than all of the high-priced ones I've used up to now. Yeehaa, a better tool, with frequent updates (both fixes and enhancements) and no money required.

I sure hope that Jan can move past the demoralising comments of self-serving individuals like yourself, and he keeps going on this great project.

#9 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2281) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2007-10-12 09:57 | IP: IP Logged

I hope LOG will be OK in the next build.
I spared several hours of completly replace it.

#10 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2281) English

Posted by: mathiasm | Date: 2007-10-13 12:08 | IP: IP Logged

broker70:
Thanks for the updates.

sad smiley

Well, you can send money to Jan so he gets more time to solve this issue.
I'm almost sure he wouldn't be offended smiling smiley

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR