You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2247) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2247) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 Next

#21 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2247) English

Posted by: Neil Clough | Date: 2006-12-04 01:17 | IP: IP Logged

pypardo:
Hi,
I discover a strange feature in this new build (but I can't ensure it do not exist in previous).
After using pspad for a while, pspad cursor don't visually appears at the right position.
I explain what I see:
1/ I start a new line by pressing 'enter' key.
2/ Cursor is at the right position (at the begining of the line)
3/ I press 'tab' key
4/ Cursor is not at the right position because it is still at the begining of the line, but cursor position (displayed at the bottom of screen) is right !
5/ I type a text, this text appears at the right position (after a tab)

This problem does not appears all the time. I'll try to make some screenshot next time I encounter it.

Best regards
pierre
winking smiley

Yes this problem has existed for many builds now.

At the same build the following problems started:
1. The character spacing being changed - ie characters spread out further on the screen
2. Three of the justification boxes dwon at the bottom of the display become blue !!
3. The slider bar indicating horizontal position doesnt work properley ie it moves randomly - soemtimes according to if you are highlighting text.

I keep meaning to go back to old builds and determine when these started.

Me and others have reported them a few times but they have not been addressed.

You just learn to live with them or restart PS Pad.

Cheers,

Neil

Neil

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#22 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2247) English

Posted by: Xandros | Date: 2006-12-04 17:23 | IP: IP Logged

Some issues with the template highlighter :

<select name="auth[{section.ID}]">
<!-- BEGIN auth -->
<option value="{section.auth.VAL}" {section.auth.SEL}>{section.auth.NAME}</option>
<!-- END auth -->
</select>

{section.ID} and {section.auth.VAL} do not get highlighted because they are inside "strings" hightlite already, but template vars parsing occurs on server, so any template vars are replaced, not regarding if they are contained in a <style> tag, inside <script> tags, strings, or whatever.

{section.auth.SEL} and {section.auth.NAME} do get highlighted properly though.

#23 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2247) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-12-05 12:52 | IP: IP Logged

This is behavior with enabled Trim trailing spaces option.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-05 12:53 by pspad.

#24 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2247) English

Posted by: dakkar | Date: 2006-12-05 14:23 | IP: IP Logged

I had a problem with column selections and ALT+I feature... it seems insert the text in the given position... but also at the end of the line!
my fault, or a bug?

#25 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2247) English

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2006-12-05 19:45 | IP: IP Logged

You can insert two strings in each (selected) line at once:
begining/exact_position and line_end
(clear the text field "At lines end" if this is not intended)

#26 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2247) English

Posted by: muff99 | Date: 2006-12-07 10:54 | IP: IP Logged

I think I found a problem concerning print preview: When I'm in print preview chaging fonts and margins and hit the icon with the printer, my changes are reverted the second before my printer starts off. Seems like it doenst really allow me to change the font and font size (though it displays my changes until I hit the print button).

#27 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2247) English

Posted by: d-_-b | Date: 2006-12-07 16:04 | IP: IP Logged

First off all thanks for the great text editor smiling smiley

And now for my two problems:

If I try to “Reformat the HTML” on the following XML code the program hangs.

'<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?><DataParameter xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://ck.co.za">'#9'<Account>'#9#9'<accountInfo>Eliance</accountInfo> </Account>'#9'<Mms>'#9#9'<mmsType>0</mmsType>'#9#9'<mmsMsg>'#9#9#9'<Subject>Hi & Sterkte</Subject>'#9#9#9'<Text>'#9#9#9#9'<Type>ASCII</Type>'#9#9#9#9'<Content>Thanks vir die vinige Hi vandag op mig. Yip ek sal maar aan jou dink as jy in die hitte moet leer! Sterkte en hoop jy doen goed. Groete Ludo</Content>'#9#9' '#9'</Text>'#9#9' '#9#9'</mmsMsg>'#9#9'<resultCode>0</resultCode>'#9'</Mms>'#9'<resultCode>0</resultCode></DataParameter>'

I know this is not valid XML but I do feel the program must tell you the code is not valid and cannot be reformatted.

Then another problem I have is with the find and replace. In the same code as above I try to find all the “#9” and replace it with blanks(“”). It find x18 “#9” and stops. After the replace the data look as follow:

'<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?><DataParameter xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://ck.co.za">''<Account>''<accountInfo>Eliance</accountInfo> </Account>''<Mms>''<mmsType>0</mmsType>''<mmsMsg>''<Subject>Hi & Sterkte</Subject>''<Text>''<Type>ASCII</Type>'#9#9#9#9'<Content>Thanks vir die vinige Hi vandag op mig. Yip ek sal maar aan jou dink as jy in die hitte moet leer! Sterkte en hoop jy doen goed. Groete Ludo</Content>'#9#9' '#9'</Text>'#9#9' '#9#9'</mmsMsg>'#9#9'<resultCode>0</resultCode>'#9'</Mms>'#9'<resultCode>0</resultCode></DataParameter>'

Hope you can fix it.
Regards,

#28 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2247) English

Posted by: Bob | Date: 2006-12-08 07:55 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,
i had the same problem with the dictionaries (german/english) based on build 2247 on my WINXP. I create a new directory under C:\Program Files\Common Files\SynSpell\ and moved the Deutsch.3-3-1.dic and English.2-1-0.dic there. After a restart of the PSPad the spell checker works again. The last working build was the 2240 the 2246 fails too.

rgs Bob

#29 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2247) English

Posted by: Eblis | Date: 2006-12-08 09:42 | IP: IP Logged

Is there any posibility to tell pspad to use a CodePage that is not currently set in Regional Settings? I'd like to tell pspad to use CodePage 1251 for a file but i don't want to add that to Regional Settings.

#30 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2247) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-12-08 14:07 | IP: IP Logged

Not now, but I have tested already sollution to give users possibility to configure code pages from all supported by OS.
You will be able to add 1251, OEM 866 and Koi-8r without problem

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR