You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > External applications programm settings: AutoHotkey

External applications programm settings: AutoHotkey

#1 External applications programm settings: AutoHotkey

Posted by: padfox | Date: 2014-03-30 21:51 | IP: IP Logged

Hello again,

since hours I'm trying to get the AutoHotkey compiler working with the following Programm settings [F9]:

"DRIVE:\LONGPATH\Ahk2Exe.exe" /in "%File%" /bin "DRIVE:\LONGPATH\ANSI 32-bit.bin"

I have defined an AutoHotkey highlighter and I'm working inside a project.

Works (AHK dialog shown): "DRIVE:\LONGPATH\Ahk2Exe.exe"
Works (error message): "DRIVE:\LONGPATH\Ahk2Exe.exe" /in
Works not (nothing happens): "DRIVE:\LONGPATH\Ahk2Exe.exe" /in "%File%"
Works not (nothing happens): "DRIVE:\LONGPATH\Ahk2Exe.exe" /in "%File%" /bin "DRIVE:\LONGPATH\ANSI 32-bit.bin"

What's wrong? When I use the text gotten via the "inf" button in a Command Prompt all is working as expected.

PSPad version: 4.5.8 (2469), 24.02.2014 18:23:31

Many thanks and greetings
padFox

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: External applications programm settings: AutoHotkey

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-03-31 05:31 | IP: IP Logged

Try to set it up into compiler fields. You can set more options, e.g. catch log with error messages, go to error line in your source.
In log you will see what is wrong

#3 Re: External applications programm settings: AutoHotkey

Posted by: padfox | Date: 2014-03-31 10:42 | IP: IP Logged

Hello Jan,

I have found the problem. Of course I have defined a main file in my project. All my file settings are ignored, always the main file is compiled. Even when I use External applications settings. I really don't understand that behaviour. From my point of view the Compiler settings c a n be project global, but the applications settings must be specific according to the selected file.

Of course all assumptions what is meaningful are problematic. Therefore I prefer explicit settings - in that case variables for the main project file or an corresponding option in the dialog. See my related question here:
Compiler Settings/External applications: Variable for main project file
forum.pspad.com

Many thanks and greetings
padFox

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR